Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 142503

Offline Umbrella Sam

Here’s one I just recently found out about. The group here is called The Dirty Mac and consists of: John Lennon, Eric Clapton (who also played on the studio recording of While My Guitar Gently Weeps), Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell from The Jimi Hendrix Experience. This was done for a TV special in the late 1960s called The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Here’s one I just recently found out about. The group here is called The Dirty Mac and consists of: John Lennon, Eric Clapton (who also played on the studio recording of While My Guitar Gently Weeps), Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell from The Jimi Hendrix Experience. This was done for a TV special in the late 1960s called The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.

That’s really good, and what a line up! I don’t think I ever saw that Rock and Roll Circus special in its entirety.  I really should check it out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A bass player's dream (I suppose). The solo by Alex ain't shitty, either...   :P

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

A bass player's dream (I suppose). The solo by Alex ain't shitty, either...   :P

Geddy is amazing.  He uses his fingers like a pick in parts and also incorporates his thumb on lower strings, a very unique technique.  Actually, if you watch my bass video above in this thread, you’ll notice I’m using one finger like a pick.  Totally inspired by Geddy, helped me improve playing faster thrash stuff.  I love Alex Lifeson’s guitar tone in that video as well.

Who’s the new avatar?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

the avatar is Charlotte Flair...   :P

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I love when anything post '75 Zep pops on other forums I post at--more specifically, people bitching about JPJ's "Fucked up Alembic" ruining the live groove....

Offline metaldams

I love when anything post '75 Zep pops on other forums I post at--more specifically, people bitching about JPJ's "Fucked up Alembic" ruining the live groove....

I like his late era bass sound a lot, though it is different to the earlier, deep blues low end of the earlier albums.  Think he plays an 8 string on “Achilles Last Stand,” and I love the sound and playing there.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Some Motorhead, or more of a WWE tie-in (still a great song)...

Offline metaldams

Some Motorhead, or more of a WWE tie-in (still a great song)...

I saw Motörhead headline the second stage at Ozzfest ‘98 and it was easily one of my greatest concert experiences.  Lemmy was one of a kind.  I saw DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION 2 for the first time in over twenty years a couple of weeks ago.  Just about everybody in that documentary screamed 80’s in some manner whether it be look or posture or dialogue.  Lemmy was real and was the same guy no matter the decade.  May he Rest In Peace.

“Don’t you turn your back on me, you’re going to make it worse.  You look just as beautiful when you’re moving in reverse.”  Poetry.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Diesel, you’ll appreciate this - isolated Geddy Lee bass track for YYZ.  Extremely difficult to play.

Bob Dylan doing “In My Time of Dying” on his first album.  I heard the first Dylan album, which this is from, years after I heard the Zeppelin version.  Needless to say, I was surprised.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yes, the Geddy is always great & appreciated....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

Such a beautiful song from one of my favorite bands.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Don't know if I posted something from Floyd--usually i only care about DSOTM through the Wall & maybe a few tracks from The Final Cut. At any rate;

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Great album, great song, Shemp_D. -- though my favorite ANIMALS track is probably "Dogs" (all 17 minutes of it!).

'70s Floyd is my favorite Floyd era as well, though I'd extend my definition back a little to include MEDDLE (probably my favorite Floyd album if I had to pick just one -- thankfully, I don't have to, heh) and OBSCURED BY CLOUDS.

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

I have a strange relationship with Pink Floyd.  Most people consider them the ultimate album band, but outside of DSOTM, I never got into their albums.  I do like a lot of individual songs, though. 

As far as 70’s prog, I prefer Yes and Jethro Tull.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams