Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Paul Winchell RIP

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2005_06_25.html#010026

Ventriloquist and inventor Paul Winchell, costar of the feature film STOP, LOOK & LAUGH (1960) died at age 82 last Friday.  Mr. Winchell also did the voice of Moe in the thirty-two ROBONIC STOOGES cartoons, for the Hanna-Barbera Saturday morning TV series THE SKATEBIRDS (1977) and THE THREE ROBONIC STOOGES (1977 - 1978).

Offline Baggie

And let's not forget his turn as Tigger. I grew up on Winnie the Pooh cartoons, and this is sad news. In reference to the article, who replaced him as Tigger?
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Pilsner Panther

Well, there goes another piece of my late-Boomer childhood! I'm old enough to remember "Winchell-Mahoney Time," and I can even still sing the theme song: "Hooray, hoorah, it's Winchell-Mahoney time..."

Mr. Winchell was a remarkable man in many ways, but he apparently had a troubled personal life, including bad relations with his children— which you'll discover if you visit April Winchell's website:

www.aprilwinchell.com

Ironically, though, April Winchell inherited her father's sense of humor, his voice talent, and even his looks.

Farewell, Paul (a.k.a. Jerry, Knucklehead, Tigger, Dick Dastardly, Gargamel, and on and on and on; the list is endless!) He also did the voices for the "Scrubbing Bubbles" TV spots in the 70's; remember those?

Something I had in my JPEG files:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline falsealarms

Stop, Look, and Laugh! had to have been the lowest point of his career.

Pilsner Panther

Stop, Look, and Laugh! had to have been the lowest point of his career.

Sometimes, one just needs the paycheck... so you take the gig, whatever it might be.

His daughter's comments make Paul sound like the Charlie "Bird" Parker of early television: brilliant— even a genius— but completely off the wall and impossible to deal with on the personal level.

:(

Given the choice, I'd much rather be less gifted and more sane.

;)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

;)

Not me!  Sanity is highly overrated!  [nuts]

Pilsner Panther

;)

Not me!  Sanity is highly overrated!  [nuts]

Hmm... well, being both untalented and crazy as a bedbug, I couldn't give you an unbiased opinion. My one and only talent is being able to type while wearing a straitjacket (I use my nose).

:P