Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

OK, let's have some fun - best looking actresses/actors.

metaldams · 88 · 16362

Offline metaldams

I'll leave this open recognizing there are differing genders and sexual persuasions reading this, but who are your picks for best looking thespians of the old days.  I'll share a few of mine, in no particular order.

Jobyna Ralston

Leading lady of six Harold Lloyd films during his best period, not only was she a stunner, but she added maturity to the romance in Lloyd's best films.  THE KID BROTHER is a masterpiece, in no small part because of Jobyna.

Fay Wray

Most famous for being King Kong's leading lady, another stunningly gorgeous lady who I always felt looked better in her natural darker hair vs. the blonde she was in Kong - not that she looked bad there by any means.  She appeared in a lot of early 30's horror movies and always had more believability and less stuffiness than a lot of the actresses back then.

Evelyn Ankers

After posting my 30's horror queen, now we get my 40's queen.  She was in so many 40's Universal films, usually saddled with Lon Chaney, Jr.; who I understand she did not enjoy working with.  Another gorgeous woman who lent class to her roles.

Hazel Court

Stunning red headed British actress who appeared in some early Hammer and AIP horror films.

We all know her.  Enough said!

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Audrey Totter got me to this site. She was in a 3 star movie I was half watching this A.M. and it struck me that she might be the same sexpot in the Stooge short where Moe obliterates Larry with a bellows of soot.  I didn't know her name so I googled "I knew you were coming so I baked a cake" I got her name and checked out her gallery and that's where I saw 3 Stooges.net as the site where the image was lifted.

I must agree that Fay Wray was a unique beauty. Ralston and Court I'm not familiar with. I would have never guessed that the girl with the cig was Ankers. VERY HOT.

BTW while perusing your site  before  joining I noted MANY topics of interest and I hope to chip in at least a couple of times a week. I'm a chump for film noir, Sci-fi, old horror and screwball comedy. Sportswise it's 'Da Bulls, Bearz and a dash of Cubs. I'll check back in tonight after work, around 10PM Central. ;)

Offline metaldams

Audrey Totter got me to this site. She was in a 3 star movie I was half watching this A.M. and it struck me that she might be the same sexpot in the Stooge short where Moe obliterates Larry with a bellows of soot.  I didn't know her name so I googled "I knew you were coming so I baked a cake" I got her name and checked out her gallery and that's where I saw 3 Stooges.net as the site where the image was lifted.

I must agree that Fay Wray was a unique beauty. Ralston and Court I'm not familiar with. I would have never guessed that the girl with the cig was Ankers. VERY HOT.

BTW while perusing your site  before  joining I noted MANY topics of interest and I hope to chip in at least a couple of times a week. I'm a chump for film noir, Sci-fi, old horror and screwball comedy. Sportswise it's 'Da Bulls, Bearz and a dash of Cubs. I'll check back in tonight after work, around 10PM Central. ;)

Welcome to the site!  You mention not knowing Hazel Court.  If you're into old horror and sci-fi, rewatch the Hammer CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, as well as some of the Corman/Price AIP Poe horrors like THE RAVEN (1963), or THE MASQUE OF RED DEATH, as well as the non-Price PREMATURE BURIAL.  Maybe then she'll ring a bell.  Totally gorgeous.

Now Audrey Totter I didn't know, but looking at her Stooge link, it appears she was in a film with Joe Derita in 1945, THE SAILOR TAKES A WIFE.  Definitely a pretty lady, and that Stooge discography is a virtual Stooge Kevin Bacon game of Who has a link with a Stooge.

http://threestooges.net/cast/actor/615
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Thank you, Sir for the reply. I watched most of the Hammer films for the gore and gorgeous women that were ALL busty and hot as all get-out, but the only actors I remember by name are men. I will check out your Discography tomorrow for the 6 degrees of Stoogerdom. I see character actors ALL THE TIME that I could swear were in a short!

Offline Moose Malloy

Having difficulty posting an image and the verification letters are confounding me.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Here’s information on how to post pictures:
http://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,5087.0.html

Regarding the verification questions, you only have to answer them for your first few posts. I think they’re there to prevent trolls, which is the same reason why you can’t start a topic until you’ve reached at least 10 posts.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Moose Malloy

Here’s information on how to post pictures:
http://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,5087.0.html

Regarding the verification questions, you only have to answer them for your first few posts. I think they’re there to prevent trolls, which is the same reason why you can’t start a topic until you’ve reached at least 10 posts.
Thanks Sam, but I know how to put up images (Audrey Totter) I think the problem was with the Google images. Temporary glitch?

I see what the problem was: It doesn't show the actual image when you PREVIEW, just the address. At any rate the young Crawford  was a stunner. Great bones.

A rare shot reveals her freckles.

Inspired by The Bride?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Jane Hamilton, nuff said...

Veronica Carlson: Hammer Films...

And last, but not least....

That's it, that's my list (for now)....   ;)
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Thanks Sam, but I know how to put up images (Audrey Totter) I think the problem was with the Google images. Temporary glitch?

I see what the problem was: It doesn't show the actual image when you PREVIEW, just the address. At any rate the young Crawford  was a stunner. Great bones.

A rare shot reveals her freckles.

Inspired by The Bride?

Here's a real young Joan Crawford from THE UNKNOWN (1927) with Lon Chaney.  Love her in that movie....and that movie in general.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Jane Hamilton, nuff said...

Veronica Carlson: Hammer Films...

And last, but not least....

That's it, that's my list (for now)....   ;)

Diesel, Vernonica Carlson is great!  Honestly, just about every Hammer film has a good looking actress, but Veronica Carlson is one of the ones who could actually act, and yeah, she was stunning.  FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED is my favorite Hammer film.

As far as Barbara Eden, my parents met her a few years back!  She was doing some event that my parent's attended, and my Dad, who was in his mid 60's at the time, was acting like an overly excited schoolboy at the thought of meeting her.  I go, "Dad, she's in her 80's."  He didn't care, but at his age, that's an older woman (she's 19 years older than him).  After they met, he said she was very nice, showed me a pic they took together, and mentioned they talked about her hip surgery.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Almost every Hammer or Universal has something going for it--even in a movie like The Brides of Dracula, where there weren't too many women who were "overly attractive," at least the film was actually great. There's so many from Hammer to single out, but I would go with The Evil of Frankenstein or Dracula Has Risen From the Grave...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Moose Malloy

It wasn't 'till TCM that I had a chance to see Lon Chaney's other titles, Hunchback and Phantom being the only ones shown, mentioned and remade to death for 60 years. As a rule the pace of silent movies test my patience but watching the young Lucille held my attention, as did Chaney's "armless" performance.

For me the only remake of a Chaney film that can stand up to the original was Lawton's Quasi. And it didn't hurt to have the Lass pictured below costar as Esmeralda.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

It wasn't 'till TCM that I had a chance to see Lon Chaney's other titles, Hunchback and Phantom being the only ones shown, mentioned and remade to death for 60 years. As a rule the pace of silent movies test my patience but watching the young Lucille held my attention, as did Chaney's "armless" performance.

For me the only remake of a Chaney film that can stand up to the original was Lawton's Quasi. And it didn't hurt to have the Lass pictured below costar as Esmeralda.

Literally just watched that movie yesterday.  Maureen O'Hara was indeed beautiful, I got a thing for redheads. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Had to come up a few years. Not sure if anyone--aside from me and Lefty--watch current day WWE, but the picture might speak for itself...

Offline metaldams

Had to come up a few years. Not sure if anyone--aside from me and Lefty--watch current day WWE, but the picture might speak for itself...

Haven't watched wrestling in over ten years, though I still watch the old stuff on YouTube.  Yeah, a little past the golden age of Hollywood here, but I look at the pic and find little to complain about.  One of the few women on the planet who looks like that and I'd still rather hang out with her Dad.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Literally just watched that movie yesterday.  Maureen O'Hara was indeed beautiful, I got a thing for redheads.

My fave Hammertime hottie Yvonne Romain

BTW: who was the beauty with the flower print dress at the swimming pool?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Peggy Moran

Offline metaldams

Offline Moose Malloy

R.I.P.

Had to put her here as I haven't figured out how to start a new topic.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Jane Leeves of Frasier....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Kelly Monaco!  I never saw her in any acting roles, but she was a Playboy Playmate back when I was in college and when I was regularly looking at that kind of thing. That takes me back, stunningly gorgeous woman.  Wow-wee.
- Doug Sarnecky