Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Harold Lloyd - Professor Beware (1938)

Offline metaldams

A Harold Lloyd feature that has been darn near impossible to find - not available on the video/DVD/blu-ray market without searching for a bootleg, not on TV as far as I know since the 90's - has finally shown up on YouTube.  I've been a Lloyd fan for roughly 15 years and I just saw this for the first time today.  It's pretty good too, lots of energy in this one from Lloyd, and William Frawley gets a funny part as well.  The tent over car gag from SOCK-A-BYE-BABY is here, as is a Clyde Bruckman writing credit.  Should be a treat for any seasoned Lloyd fan, and finally available to view.  Unbelievable, after all this time, there's a major Harold Lloyd film I never saw until today.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Cool, will check this out when I get a chance. At the moment, I’ve only seen a few clips that were posted to a Sterling Holloway tribute channel. I always felt Lloyd’s voice seemed to fit his character the best of the silent comedians, even though the quality of his sound films could really vary. I’m hoping this is one of the better ones.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Well, the video has been removed.  Glad I got a chance to catch it when it was briefly available.  I don't understand why these companies don't allow films on YouTube  that they've sat on for years not profiting off of.  >:(
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Here's a new link. One of Harold Lloyd's better talkies — a more appropriate farewell than the uneven "The Sin of Harold Diddlebock" (1947).

7.5/10