Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pink Panther

Offline luke795

Are there any Pink Panther fans for both the live action movies and cartoon short and TV shows?

Who is your favorite actor to play Inspector Jacques Clouseau: Peter Sellers, Steve Martin, Alan Arkin, Roger Moore in end of Curse of the Pink Panther or Roberto Benigni as Clouseau's son in Son of the Pink Panther?

What is your favorite Pink Panther movie and cartoon short and TV show?

Offline FineBari3

Are there any Pink Panther fans for both the live action movies and cartoon short and TV shows?

Who is your favorite actor to play Inspector Jacques Clouseau: Peter Sellers, Steve Martin, Alan Arkin, Roger Moore in end of Curse of the Pink Panther or Roberto Benigni as Clouseau's son in Son of the Pink Panther?

What is your favorite Pink Panther movie and cartoon short and TV show?

I'm a big fan of Peter Sellers, so naturally I am going to pick him as my favorite Clouseau!  I think 'The Pink Panther Strikes Again' is my favorite, but just because I saw it as a young girl when it came out!  I also enjoy the very first 'Pink Panther' film.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

It's really unfair to ask about the favorite Closeau, because Sellers was it.

That said, I think the movie with Arkin, while it has its definite problems, is overlooked and underrated.

My favorite PP movie is "A Shot In The Dark." As far as the relationship between Closeau and Dreyfus goes, they basically just kept remaking that movie.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
For some reason the Pink Panther movies never really appealed to me, with one exception - A Shot in the Dark.  The entire cast is excellent; Elke Sommer is just a joy to watch, and Herbert Lom is hysterical as his character goes completely insane from Clouseau's idiotic bungling.  Definitely the best of the series.

I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to add something: Having finally seen SON OF THE PINK PANTHER some time ago, I can confidently say that Roberto Begnini is easily the WORST on the list. Far worse than Arkin, worse than Moore, worse than even Ted Wass. (Probably worse than Steve Martin as well, but I don't plan on seeing those movies.)
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I agree, Begnini was definitely the worst, and this is coming from someone who has also seen the Steve Martin films. Martin and Arkin both were bad and Wass was pretty boring, though at least he sort of tried to do something different. Moore’s interpretation was actually kind of funny for how odd it was.

Yeah, A SHOT IN THE DARK is probably my favorite of the films too, although while I like the films, I’ve always preferred the cartoons, especially the early ones directed by Friz Freleng and Hawley Pratt. They felt very much like the classic Looney Tunes cartoons, more than the Looney Tunes cartoons that were being made at the same time as the Pink Panther did.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com