Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Lorna Gray passes away at 99

Offline falsealarms

The Three Stooges Fan Club has learned that supporting player Lorna Gray (aka Adrian Booth) has passed away at 99. She would have turned 100 in July.

Gray was one of the more notable surviving links to the Curly era with memorable roles in Three Sappy People and You Nazty Spy! She also appeared in Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise and Rockin Thru the Rockies.

A clip of Gray in Three Sappy People can be seen at https://youtu.be/0gKnQ8nG2ik

A more formal obit of Gray can be found at: https://shar.es/1FY2IH

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Very sad to hear, especially considering how close she was to "centenarian." I've always enjoyed her performance in THREE SAPPY PEOPLE.

R.I.P.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Umbrella Sam

R.I.P.

She was great in THREE SAPPY PEOPLE and Buster Keaton's PEST FROM THE WEST.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline QuinceHead

"Marinate her and send her in!"

R.I.P., Lorna!  :-\

She would've been the fifth Stooge centenarian had she made it to her 100th birthday...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline garystooge

Adrian was a great friend to Stooges fans and especially the Fan Club. She came in for several of our events, she visited the Stoogeum and provided us with lots of information over the years. The pic below was taken with the Journal staff in 2008 during one of our California research trips. L to R Brent Seguine, Jim Pauley, Frank Reighter, Gary Lassin

Offline Kopfy2013

I echo the sentiments of this page.

I called Adrian out of the blue some time back.  She did not know me from Adam.  Yet, she invited me up to her house and we met.  I was able to visit her again sometime later.  She was a very nice lady with loads of knowledge that she was willing to share and she was very hospitable.
Niagara Falls

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Very sad.  She did a great service though by blessing us with her talents.  My condolences go out to her friends and family.

She will get a fitting tribute when I review PEST FROM THE WEST in my Keaton series.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

One of the prettiest months of the year.  R.I.P. Lorna.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Very sorry to hear about this. She was a great supporting player for the Three Stooges. Interesting to think that she was one of the few original players to actually see The Three Stooges finally released on DVD. I'm sure that Moe, Larry, and Curly would have been proud of the many ways she has supported the fan club over the years. She will be missed! RIP Lorna Gray.

Offline Umbday

Sorry to hear this. I was fortunate to meet Lorna/Adrian (as well as Eleanor Keaton) at one of the earliest Buster Keaton Society conventions, around 1995–1996. (An unfortunately mutilated print of Pest from the West was one of the films screened there, but that hardly mattered. A wonderful time.)

Sappy People will always be on my short-list of Stooges faves.

Offline metaldams

Text quote from my Mom..,

"Do you know actress Lorna Gray?"

Word gets around.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline stoogestats

Adrian was a great friend to Stooges fans and especially the Fan Club. She came in for several of our events, she visited the Stoogeum and provided us with lots of information over the years. The pic below was taken with the Journal staff in 2008 during one of our California research trips. L to R Brent Seguine, Jim Pauley, Frank Reighter, Gary Lassin

It was a real honor meeting her. She played such memorable roles in Three Stooges films. The older I get the more I appreciate those involved with organizing the Three Stooges conventions and gatherings. The memories and autographs I obtained will be enjoyed for many years to come.

Offline Hollister56

I called Adrian out of the blue some time back.  She did not know me from Adam.  Yet, she invited me up to her house and we met.  I was able to visit her again sometime later.  She was a very nice lady with loads of knowledge that she was willing to share and she was very hospitable.

That is so cool..............!!!!!!!!!!

RIP LG and thanks for the great performance in 3 Sappy People.