Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Review of the complete Three Stooges set from Ebay.

shemps#1 · 42 · 11860

Pilsner Panther

Some of you may notice that more than two pages of this thread have been removed. The reason for this is because this thread was monopolizing the board with what can best be described as pure bullshit. I had a hand in said bullshit (along with two other members, one who left) and apologize for it.

"Ya did good, kid!"

As my dear old Grandma used to say, "Fecal matter will manifest itself from time to time, inevitably."

In other words, shit happens. And the best attitude to take toward that is:

[attachment deleted by admin]

xraffle

I was also part of the BS in this thread and I'm sorry. Jim contacted me and we've settled everything completely. So everything is alright now. I've returned.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:46:20 PM by xraffle »

Offline girlovestooges

Hey there Shemps#1, would you by any chance be able to burn me a copy of "Spooks".  I cant find this short anywhere. Ive looked on ebay and all I can find is the 8mm film strip. I would really appreciate it. Oh, one more question, would you be willing to make copies of your full 190 short set to sell, if so how much would you be asking? Thanks

Girlovestooges

xraffle

We bought this Three Stooges set from a guy on Ebay. If you want, I can give you his email.

Offline Themescules

Hey there Shemps#1, would you by any chance be able to burn me a copy of "Spooks".  I cant find this short anywhere. Ive looked on ebay and all I can find is the 8mm film strip. I would really appreciate it. Oh, one more question, would you be willing to make copies of your full 190 short set to sell, if so how much would you be asking? Thanks

Girlovestooges

You can Find the Stooge set you're looking for at this address: http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/92055519?aucview=0x70
The guy will work with you on the price.

He also has another nice item that I haven't seen before- "The Complete 65 episode F-Troop in chronological order from 1-65 on 13 disc's".  http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/91976347?aucview=0x30

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:47:53 AM by Themescules »
Don’t you Dare Hit me in the Head; You know I’m not NORMAL!!! Curly-Loco Boy Makes Good & Dizzy Pilots.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
He also has another nice item that I haven't seen before- "The Complete 65 episode F-Troop in chronological order from 1-65 on 13 disc's".  http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/91976347?aucview=0x30

"It is bal-loon!"  I loved that show as a kid.  Anytime I hear the name I immediately think of Frank DeKova (Chief Wild Eagle) yelling that line.   ;D

Here's an interesting bit of F-Troop trivia I noticed recently:
Quote from: IMDb.com
[Melody Patterson a]pparently auditioned for "F Troop" on a lark. She was perhaps all of 16, and kept her age from her auditioners. When she had secured the part, she told them her age. Their shock and consternation were ameliorated shortly thereafter by her maturity and professionalism.
I certainly hope this apparent trend of releasing complete sets in chronological order continues to grow.

xraffle

You can Find the Stooge set you're looking for at this address: http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/91842590?u=
The guy will work with you on the price.

Yeah, they're not selling this set on EBay anymore. About a month ago, shortly after I bought the set, Ebay kept removing the listing. Sony/Columbia must have saw this and reported it to Ebay. I know a few other people on Ebay who were copying the set and also selling it. Ebay kept removing the item, but one person kept one relisting the item. So, his account was suspended because it says under his username, 'not a registered user.' Looks like Sony/Columbia is starting to take action.

Offline corvettejerry

Where can I buy this complete Three Stooges set? It's not on Ebay right now

Pilsner Panther

Where can I buy this complete Three Stooges set? It's not on Ebay right now

Maybe at a garage sale or a flea market. I thought I'd already made this point, but I'll make it one more time: U.S. copyright law is extremely restrictive, whether anyone likes it or not. That's just how it is.

You can do whatever you want by sending personal e-mails to one another, but please don't try to use ThreeStooges.net as a trading post for any illegal materials. Any more such posts, I'll delete as soon as I see them. Repeated attempts will lead to a banning from this board.

I do have banning power here, although I've hardly ever used it. Don't make me... a woid to the wise guys.

xraffle

Since the  U.S. copyright laws are extremely restrictive, I'm surprised that some people are getting away with selling that 8-DVD set with the first 40 shorts. It's the DVD set that someone on Ebay claimed to be in public domain, but he was obviously wrong. People are selling that set at both Ebay and Amazon and they're not getting caught. I don't think that set is legal.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Since the U.S. copyright laws are extremely restrictive, I'm surprised that some people are getting away with selling that 8-DVD set with the first 40 shorts. It's the DVD set that someone on Ebay claimed to be in public domain, but he was obviously wrong. People are selling that set at both Ebay and Amazon and they're not getting caught. I don't think that set is legal.

No, it isn't legal, as Pilsner has pointed out, although it should be, IMO.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
As I've said before, it's illegal to make and distribute (sell) pirated material, not to purchase it. It is also illegal to facilitate the sale/distribution of pirated material, which is why Pils is being so cautious.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

No, it isn't legal, as Pilsner has pointed out, although it should be, IMO.

I agree. I'm surprised Sony/Columbia doesn't realize that there is actually a demand for this set. It would be a smart move if they would release a complete set of all the shorts. I don't see why they are hesitating to release a set.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I went Stooge crazy today at Media Play (which is going out of business - 20% off so of my DVDs!) and bought all of the Fox released Stooge DVDs as well as my only missing Columbia released disc, 'Meet Hercules'. Now I need the rest. The set that the guy on Yahoo! is selling is on 40 or 41 DVDs, and another set I saw was 30 discs. Which set is better?? I'm so confused, I just want my Stooge fix for the winter. Can anyone help?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Just a side note..

I guess Columbia doesn't know the gold mine their sitting on. Someone just paid $610 on eBay for a complete set of the shorts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Three-Stooges-Entire-Shorts-DVD-Collection-40-DVDs-3_W0QQitemZ6459669125QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

Well, that is because this set is harder to find now. I'm actually surprised this person didn't get caught selling the set, but he will eventually if he keeps on listing the item. That's how the other sellers got caught.