Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

1984 Finally Arrives

Guest · 3 · 1138

Nojaa

Yeah, there goes the Fourth Amendment.  What's next, Number One and Two?  Guilty until proven innocent?

One thing I have noticed about Bush, is he is more than willing to violate the Constitution any time he feels like it, and then summing it up under the header of "terror prevention."

Bush had better be careful, or he may one day have to deal with hordes of armed Citizens who are completely fed up with his tyranny!!  Which is why Washington is trying to null the Second Amendment.

Nojaa.

Pilsner Panther

Sadly, the idea that millions of Americans, armed or not, would rise up against tyranny is a romantic pipe-dream. The present-day American isn't like the revolutionaries of Lexington and Concord, he's a docile, overfed sheep. Way back in the 1920's, H.L. Mencken saw that we were already headed down this sorry path:

"I am still so young that my toupee looks natural, yet I can remember when, if ordered to toe a mark or climb astraddle upon a rail, the Americano would resist with harsh words, and even with his fists. Now he leaps to position like a well-trained circus horse." ("Traffic," 1925).

This syndrome has only gotten worse. Take away the Proles' shopping malls and SUV's and Monday Night Football, and then they might revolt, but I still doubt it.

:(