Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Noted actor as bit player in Listen Judge

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I saw Listen Judge for the first time since 1974 this weekend when watching my videotaped episodes from Spike TV for this week. While viewing this film I noticed a familar face that was not mentioned in any of the comments for the 2-reeler on its home page. At the end when the judge and his wife wished a happy birthday to a friend who was important in the re-election bid for the judge, well that character was portrayed by John Hamilton who played Perry White, the editor of the Daily Planet for the early 1950's television series of Superman. His voice made me pay close attention to him until it hit me who was the actor. He was the one that blew out the candles on the birthday cake causing it to explode, Great Caesar's Ghost!

S  F

Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
You are absolutely right, Shemoeley.  That is John Hamilton that plays "George Morton" in Listen Judge.  He is listed is the cast credits.

Pilsner Panther

Trivia tidbit: John Hamilton also played Flash's father in the 1930's "Flash Gordon" serial. Another six-degrees-of-Stooge-separation connection there is Charles Middleton ("Spook Louder") as Ming the Merciless.

CURLYFAN

I started a topic about actors making cameo's in the 3 stooges shorts and I believe I mentioned him in that topic.