Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Guns A Poppin! (1957)

metaldams · 28 · 11220

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

Coming in at #179 on my countdown is this fairly lame remake of one of my lesser-favorite Curly shorts, "Idiots Deluxe".  Besser is actually okay in this one (I love how he's used by the bad guy as a shield), it's just that we've seen it all before.  I've now entered an overwhelming stretch of Besser shorts.  All about the same (lower) quality compared to the classic Curly and Shemp years.

#179. Guns A Poppin!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

:D I'm only laughing because I'm sure if most--if not all of us--did a countdown from Worst to First with the Stooge episodes, that most of the worst would be compiled with the Besser period, so you have my sympathies.

I am surprised that your countdown hasn't produced a Curly episode from 1945-46 yet (unless I missed something)...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

:D I'm only laughing because I'm sure if most--if not all of us--did a countdown from Worst to First with the Stooge episodes, that most of the worst would be compiled with the Besser period, so you have my sympathies.

I am surprised that your countdown hasn't produced a Curly episode from 1945-46 yet (unless I missed something)...

I viewed all 190 shorts in chronological order, so the Bessers are freshest in my mind.  I actually have one of those little clicker counters and hit it every time I laughed (seeing as how that's what I watch these for, is the laughs).  I also considered how many times I'd want to view each one again and that's how I came up with my rankings.

BTW, those later Curly shorts are coming.  There's actually a couple I rate pretty highly.