Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A Merry Mix-Up (1957)

metaldams · 28 · 11765

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

I'm knee-deep in the Besser era lately and this one ranks a bit higher than the many of the others.  My main problem is that the premise is too outlandish, even in the Stooges universe.  I also agree that it's way too plot-driven for a short.  Besser actually takes a pretty good beating in this one.  I also love his "ooh copy" interaction with Moe - it's very reminiscent of the Stinky-Costello combo.

#176. A Merry Mix-Up

Offline metaldams

I'm knee-deep in the Besser era lately and this one ranks a bit higher than the many of the others.  My main problem is that the premise is too outlandish, even in the Stooges universe.  I also agree that it's way too plot-driven for a short.  Besser actually takes a pretty good beating in this one.  I also love his "ooh copy" interaction with Moe - it's very reminiscent of the Stinky-Costello combo.

#176. A Merry Mix-Up

Glad you mentioned Stinky.  Yes, Besser had better performances with Lou for sure!  Can’t believe the chemistry difference.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ZamasuBlack22

This is without a doubt in my opinion the best short with Joe Besser. The only one I would likely rewatch of his, got a good amount of laughs out of it.