Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Rumpus in the Harem (1956)

metaldams · 30 · 12947

Offline Freddie Sanborn

Had a suitable replacement been immediately available I’m sure he could have fulfilled the rest of Shemp’s contract. I wonder if they considered Emile Sitka as a Shemp replacement? He might not have had the name recognition that Besser did, but he could have hit the ground running.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

Another of my favorite Shemp recycle jobs.  A train wreck?  Perhaps.  An entertaining train-wreck?  For sure!

#110. Rumpus In The Harem

Offline Dr. Mabuse

The first of the infamous Palma jobs . . . and a ghastly affair. "Rumpus in the Harem" is a two-reel fiasco that should only be seen once. A slight improvement over the rock-bottom "Commotion on the Ocean" because of the "Malice in the Palace" scenes.

2/10

Offline Allen Champion

Why did you remind me that this short even exists?  Now I'll have to go back to therapy!   [pie]
"What do you know of the blood, sweat and toil of a theatrical production? Of the dedication of the men and the women in the noblest profession of them all?"

Offline HomokHarcos

Had a suitable replacement been immediately available I’m sure he could have fulfilled the rest of Shemp’s contract. I wonder if they considered Emile Sitka as a Shemp replacement? He might not have had the name recognition that Besser did, but he could have hit the ground running.
That's an interesting scenario. I know Emil was supposed to replace Larry in 1975, but imagine if he was the one that replaced Shemp and not Joe Besser.