Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Production Oddities

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I am a fan of the explosion of extra stuff added to movies we buy these days - featurettes, 8mm film clips, etc.

ONE I have found strange was watching an extra feature from the movie E.T. I purchased recently ...
In it, Steven Spielberg was explaining a scene they made in the movie, and the entire time he was shooting it he was wearing a hard hat. I suppose, for some reason, there was a hazard something might fall on your head with injurious consequences. BUT ... while the SAME feauturette filmed them interacting with the shoot of the film, Steven and his film making buddies were wearing the hard hats, but, of course, the actors were not. Whats going on with the hard hat thing in the "how we make movies" extras department? ARE the director's heads more important than the actors? ..

I suppose that Steven and his bunch were SO wrapped up in directing that they didn't remember or even realize they were still wearing hard hats, but - are the film crew of the "film extras" crew also wearing hard hats and aslo so desensitized to the silliness of wearing hard hats? Just curious
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This may be a new and intersecting topic to explore ... Extra Feature Weird Stuff"
... its too, too, too bad that this wasn't happening when our boys were so popular.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Imagined Extra Features ...
(from Rumpus in the Harem)
(Interviewer to Moe): What was it like pretending that Shemp was still alive?
Moe: It was strange, you know, that old skinflint of Columbia said that he was paying for "The Three Stooges", not "The Two Stooges".
(That would have been fun to hear from Moe's lips)

Offline CurlyFan1934

I can imagine a featurette for a Half-Wits Holiday DVD, kind of like a retrospective on Curly with everybody's thoughts about Curly that worked on the short. I would be interested to see Emil Sitka's thoughts on Curly.

Offline archiezappa

If we only had Moe Howard doing commentary on an episode.  Any episode.  It would have been gold!  Moe always knew all the in-depth stuff when it came to the scripts, the filming, etc.  Or how about director's commentary by Jules White?  That would have been great.

Offline metaldams

If we only had Moe Howard doing commentary on an episode.  Any episode.  It would have been gold!  Moe always knew all the in-depth stuff when it came to the scripts, the filming, etc.  Or how about director's commentary by Jules White?  That would have been great.

I would take any audio commentary from the several knowledgable people living today.  If we could go back in time, though, a Moe audio commentary would be fantastic.  Hell, I'd do audio commentary, I'm not even joking.
- Doug Sarnecky