Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Value of a DeRita-Era One-Sheet Needed

Offline Hammond Eggar

This is a question for someone such as GaryStooge.  I need someone who is an expert on Three Stooges one-sheets.  In 1991 I attended the Three Stooges Convention in PA.  It was there that I purchased my one-an-only Three Stooges one-sheet poster.  It is for the film "The Three Stooges in Orbit."  While it's not as cool as a one-sheet for one of the shorts, I am still proud to own it.  When I bought the poster, it was, indeed, folded.  I took the poster to a professional frame shop, and it now hangs on my wall.  I am curious as to it's value.  Roughly, how many of these posters were produced, and how many are believed to still be in existance?  There was VERY SLIGHT wear on the poster.  With it being framed professionally, the wear is hardly noticable without REALLY looking.  I look at the poster all the time and even I can't remember where or what the problems were.  I believe there were a couple of VERY SMALL holes.  OK, with all of this information, what do you consider it's value to be?  For what would an A+ condition copy sell?  I am very curious.  Thanks for your help.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline garystooge

I would value an unframed Orbit poster in nice condition in the $50-75 range and I'm guessing you probably paid about $50 for it back then, so I wouldn't start making any retirement plans.
Gary