Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

1911 Moe appearance

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
https://youtu.be/kcSp2ej2S00?t=5m19s

Supposedly the boy with the duster in this scene from 1911's "Little Nemo" is none other than Moe Howard.  I myself have doubts, but if this indeed Moe than it can be added to the ThreeStooges.net database for ol' Moses.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
https://youtu.be/kcSp2ej2S00?t=5m19s

Supposedly the boy with the duster in this scene from 1911's "Little Nemo" is none other than Moe Howard.  I myself have doubts, but if this indeed Moe than it can be added to the ThreeStooges.net database for ol' Moses.

More information, if not confirmation, is needed before it will be added to the Filmography.

It is highly questionable at this point.  It does not resemble Moe much, even at that age.  The person posting it across FB pages earlier today is relying on an IMDb credit... IMDb is often problematic, with no audit-trail for submitted information.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I figured you'd have the right answer!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Tony Bensley

I also lean heavily towards it not being Moe Howard.

One thing that might change my mind is if Moe ever made any reference to having worked with John Bunny on Film!  As Mr. Bunny was considered to be the first cinematic star (He was also the first to be the cover story of a major magazine directly as a result of his death, which occurred in 1915!), I highly doubt that Moe wouldn't have referenced this, at some point!

CHEERS! [3stooges]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I also lean heavily towards it not being Moe Howard.

One thing that might change my mind is if Moe ever made any reference to having worked with John Bunny on Film!  As Mr. Bunny was considered to be the first cinematic star (He was also the first to be the cover story of a major magazine directly as a result of his death, which occurred in 1915!), I highly doubt that Moe wouldn't have referenced this, at some point!

As a child actor, Moe worked at Vitagraph and did indeed work with John Bunny at least once.  This surviving film is not one of those times.

LITTLE NEMO (1911) is not a new discovery, as some are claiming on FB group pages.  It's one of the few Vitagraph comedies that survived the decades, and it circulated for many years in deteriorated condition.  It was restored in the early 2000s (or earlier), and elected to the Library of Congress' National Film Registry in 2009. 

Film experts, especially Vitagraph historian and John Bunny documentary producer Tony Susnick who has spent years researching all extant Vitagraph documentation, have indicated it is not Moe Howard.  And of course there is the obvious evidence that the boy in the film has little-to-zero resemblence to Moe.

Between a bogus IMDb credit submitted by person 'unknown,' Amazon extracting/compounding bad IMDb data for DVD reseller listings, and uninformed fan comments at Youtube and similar video-hosting sites... the misinformation spreads.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
The bigger one for me, hence why my original post had "supposedly" and "I have my doubts," was that the supposed "Moe Howard" in the film has the wrong hair color.  BeAStooge, let's get together and write a Snopes article on this one!
#1 fire kibitzer