Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Religious Jokes in Stooge Episodes/Movies

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I wondered how many lurk in our boys recorded repertoire ... after a help from my Stooge brother Metaldams, I ran across this first one

1. 1951 Baby Sitters Jitters -
Larry : "We work as a unit."
Shemp: "Yeah, we're Unitarians!"

Go ahead, help me on this one ... come 'on!!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

From THE OUTLAWS IS COMING:

"It's against our religion... Yeah, we're devout cowards!" (Curly Joe)
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I was sure I had one for you, Giff, but it turns out that when Curly says, "Not me, I'm a pedestrian," the topic was political affiliation, not religion (from "Half Shot Shooters").  Sorry.

In Guns-a-Poppin, Wild Bill Hiccup, or whatever his name is, says to Moe "hey, nice gun", and Moe replies "Yeah, I got it for my bar mitzvah"

Offline Signor Spumoni

I'm unsure about this, but maybe someone can confirm or deny it.  What I thought I saw:  a short where the Stooges were having pancakes; they lifted the pancakes with forks, and reacted to the unusual shapes of the pancakes; one of the pancakes was shaped like a star of David.  I can't recall which short this might have been.  Does this sound familiar to anyone? 

In Healthy, Wealthy and Dumb, Moe and Larry are using pancakes as poker chips and manipulating them with forks, but I don't see anything except round, flat pancakes.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
a short where the Stooges were having pancakes; they lifted the pancakes with forks, and reacted to the unusual shapes of the pancakes; one of the pancakes was shaped like a star of David.

RUSTY ROMEOS (1957)