Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Meadowlark Lemon, 83

Offline ProfessorStooge

Basketball player George "Meadowlark" Lemon passed away yesterday at age 83. He is best remembered for playing with the comic basketball team the Harlem Globetrotters, where he spent 25 years. His trademarks included long hook shots and comic stunts, such as throwing confetti on referees. In his later life, Lemon became an ordained minister

Offline metaldams

My Dad met Meadowlark Lemon as a kid a few times.  In Bridgeport, CT., my great uncle owned a bar that he would occasionally frequent.  Interesting rumors about that place, but since they're only rumors, I'll zip it.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

My Dad met Meadowlark Lemon as a kid a few times.  In Bridgeport, CT., my great uncle owned a bar that he would occasionally frequent.  Interesting rumors about that place, but since they're only rumors, I'll zip it.  [pie]

Hmm, I won't ask, but that bar sounds intriguing.  I bet nobody looked dapper in there.   ;)

I think it's neat that your dad met Meadowlark Lemon.  I never met him, but I saw them perform a couple of times - - it was fun.

Another Globetrotter died a day or two after ML, but I can't recall his name.