Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who made cameo appearances in stooge shorts

· 5 · 2262

CURLYFAN

Can anyone think of any actor/actress who made a cameo in a stooge short ??

These are the ones I remember.......

Superman's Perry White
Lucille Ball

Who did I miss ???

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Can anyone think of any actor/actress who made a cameo in a stooge short ??

Superman's Perry White
Lucille Ball

Who did I miss ???

-  A cameo is a small role, seconds in length, usually without dialogue.  Technically, both of the actors mentioned are not cameos, but costars.

-  In terms of soon-to-be-celebrity cameos go, probably only Lloyd Bridges qualifies, with his seconds-long scene in THEY STOOGE TO CONGA (1943).  But that was actually stock footage from a 1942 Columbia B-feature (I forget the title), so technically even that doesn't count.

-  The "Perry White" actor's name is John Hamilton.

-  If you go to the header banner on this (or any) .net page, cursor to "Stooge Info" and click on "Cast Members"... you will find an alphabetical list of Stooge costars from shorts, features, and solo films.  You can find as many costar/cameo credits as your heart desires.

-  There are other actors who appeared in Three Stooges shorts, who went on to careers that would define them as a celebrity... whether a major star, an Academy-award nominee/winner, a well-known face (even if you don't know the name), or whatever your definition of "celebrity" may be...

Dan Blocker
Walter Brennan
Sonny Bupp
Linda Winters (aka Dorothy Comingore)
Ann Doran
Jock Mahoney

-  And then there are actors who already had established careers...

Billy Gilbert
Babe London
Matt McHugh
Charles Middleton
Clara Kimball Young

Offline kinderscenen

I'm not sure if the shorts lent themselves to cameos--if I recall correctly, the Stooges had a cameo in My Sister Eileen, and of course in It's a Mad, Mad....World, and others that I can't think of right now.  I think a cameo would be someone who has instant recognition.

So--Lloyd Bridges' appearance wasn't actually filmed for They Stooge to Conga? That I didn't know.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline Hammond Eggar

If we're discussing cameo appearances made by the Stooges themselves, then I have two possible titles.  Could we consider their appearances in the films "Turn Back the Clock" and "4 For Texas" actual cameos?  I know that they weren't as well known in the MGM days as they would soon become during the Columbia years, but I still view their performance in "Clock" as a cameo.  What are your thoughts?
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

CURLYFAN

I recently seen theJoe Besser  short "Outer Space Jitters" and in the beginning credits is said Don Blocker not Dan Blocker, is that a typo or did he change his first name ??