Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The silent film thread

metaldams · 62 · 13850

Offline Signor Spumoni

S-I-A78, I found the Rascals forum, and it seems like a good one.  I liked the thread called something like, Things the Rascals Would Never Say.  It might be a fun idea to try here with the Stooges.

Thanks, Metaldams, for the suggestions.  I sometimes watch silent movies, via youtube, while I work.  Some bright, sunny morning I'll try watching "The Unknown." 

I seem to have exhausted youtube's supply of silent Our Gang shorts, and I'll miss them.  I took quite a liking to those. 

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

S-I-A78, I found the Rascals forum, and it seems like a good one.  I liked the thread called something like, Things the Rascals Would Never Say.  It might be a fun idea to try here with the Stooges.

Thanks, Metaldams, for the suggestions.  I sometimes watch silent movies, via youtube, while I work.  Some bright, sunny morning I'll try watching "The Unknown." 

I seem to have exhausted youtube's supply of silent Our Gang shorts, and I'll miss them.  I took quite a liking to those.
Hm.. was the forum on ProBoards? I think there's a few forums about Our Gang.
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline Signor Spumoni

Hm.. was the forum on ProBoards? I think there's a few forums about Our Gang.

Yes, that's the one.  I saw your name, "Buckwheatisawesome."

Yes, that's the one.  I saw your name, "Buckwheatisawesome."
HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT IS ME??

Offline Signor Spumoni

Yeah, very, very true. Say, do you belong to the Little Rascals forum? I do, & y username is buckwheatisawesome.

Shemp_Is_Awesome78, *you* told me your user name.

Shemp_Is_Awesome78, *you* told me your user name.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just saw that!! HA! If you join ( which I recommend), be sure to tell me your username!

Offline Signor Spumoni

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just saw that!! HA! If you join ( which I recommend), be sure to tell me your username!

I'm thinking it over.  You see, I'm trying to reduce the time I spend online, yet I would enjoy discussing Our Gang/Little Rascals.  But If I join, I'll let you know my name.

I'm thinking it over.  You see, I'm trying to reduce the time I spend online, yet I would enjoy discussing Our Gang/Little Rascals.  But If I join, I'll let you know my name.
Oh. Okay. I'll respect the decision that  you choose to make.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Hello, there, VaudevilleFan!  What do you know, I happen to be a Vaudeville fan, too. 

So what has been your favorite Chaplin film so far?   What about Chaplin do you like the most?

Offline Signor Spumoni

Metal, you're tops with silent movies.  Are you part of this new publication, or do you know anything about it?

http://silentfilmquarterly.com/

Offline metaldams

Metal, you're tops with silent movies.  Are you part of this new publication, or do you know anything about it?

http://silentfilmquarterly.com/

Definitely not a part of the publication, or even heard of it until now, so thank you.  Will have to check it out!
- Doug Sarnecky