Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Love At First Bite (1950)

metaldams · 38 · 12361

Offline metaldams

You're mid-30s; she was 39.  I think that's different enough for you to postpone your old age blues.  But if not, get some of that rejuvenation formula the Stooges created and you'll become young again....or else you'll become a gorilla.  It's worth the gamble.  :)

As an aside, she was a great looking 39.

I'm 36.  My longest tenured ex girlfriend is now 40.  I'm currently friends with a girl who is 23.  Her mom is 39.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Also want to add, Christine was great looking for any age.  Between looks and talent, The Three Stooges were lucky to have her.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

One more thing to add, Christine was 37 here, not 39.  These shorts were released long after they were filmed, this short being shot August 1948.  Oh, and Signor, I don't hate you guys for thinking different than me.  You're all allowed to have the wrong opinion. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I'm 36.  My longest tenured ex girlfriend is now 40.  I'm currently friends with a girl who is 23.  Her mom is 39.

My longest tenured ex-girlfriend is going to be 23 soon.  ;D

What is amazing about Christine's age is that she is 37 at production time, and the closest Stooge to her in age was Larry, who was 45 (soon to be 46) at the time!

So, how did these old guys get such young girls.  FWIW, the Stooges fell in the age bracket to be drafted into WWII.  Because my ancestors were Italian, some of them were drafted during WWII even though they were in their 60s just because they were the "enemy," even though they forsook their own country and had become American citizens!  My, how times have changed.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

My longest tenured ex-girlfriend is going to be 23 soon.  ;D

What is amazing about Christine's age is that she is 37 at production time, and the closest Stooge to her in age was Larry, who was 45 (soon to be 46) at the time!

So, how did these old guys get such young girls.  FWIW, the Stooges fell in the age bracket to be drafted into WWII.  Because my ancestors were Italian, some of them were drafted during WWII even though they were in their 60s just because they were the "enemy," even though they forsook their own country and had become American citizens!  My, how times have changed.

I'm just friends with this 23 year old girl mentioned above, nothing more than that, but Paul, in general, I have a much easier time talking to girls in their early twenties as I'm pushing 40 than I did when I was in my early twenties, so older guys landing young girls is not unusual.  My 40 year old ex is married to a guy pushing 60.  In movie terms, it's incredibly common to see older guys with younger girls as well.  I'm just about to review BLOTTO, Stan Laurel was 39, his screen wife Anita Garvin was 23.  Very common in old movies for freaks like me who study these things.

Also, fascinating story about your ancestors, I'm going to have to research that phenomenon a little more.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I'm just friends with this 23 year old girl mentioned above, nothing more than that, but Paul, in general, I have a much easier time talking to girls in their early twenties as I'm pushing 40 than I did when I was in my early twenties, so older guys landing young girls is not unusual.  My 40 year old ex is married to a guy pushing 60.  In movie terms, it's incredibly common to see older guys with younger girls as well.  I'm just about to review BLOTTO, Stan Laurel was 39, his screen wife Anita Garvin was 23.  Very common in old movies for freaks like me who study these things.

I was poking fun at your age.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Doh!  You win this round, but I shall get my revenge next time,  Bwa hahahaha, (throws smoke bomb on ground, smoke clears, Metal is still there, coughing).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

I think the up-to-date form for doing that is: "lol ur old."

Offline Kopfy2013

So Marie Monteil (Larry's girl) is still a Stooge Missing Player ... that is a shame ... I wonder whatever happened to her and if she is alive ...

I did not like the bubblegum stuff ... made me squirm but maybe that is what Jules or Felix wanted.

I liked the flashbacks just for variety ... I liked them getting drunk also - again for variety - "I challenge you to a drool", "Eye-bullets"... and was brought up how well they were dressed ....

Shemp in the cement bowl I thought was a unique touch ... To me it plays well but you can see that it is not Shemp ...

"I was anxious to see the Para-sights!"

Intersting to see the stereotypes portrayed on the flashbacks - Italians eating pasta - Austrians cleaning their homes in pigtails- French drinking at sidewalk cafe's and not speaking English.

I give this a 7

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Intersting to see the stereotypes portrayed on the flashbacks - Italians eating pasta - Austrians cleaning their homes in pigtails- French drinking at sidewalk cafe's and not speaking English.

The only one of these stereotypes that is close to true would probably be an Italian eating pasta, but they would NEVER, EVER, EVER eat spaghetti and meatballs, nevermind serve it in a restaurant! 

As far as Italians being amorous (all of the romances are quick and amorous here; I'm just saying for your future references), in reality we are some of the coldest people from the Romance language countries you will ever meet.  You'd have to be in a relationship for quite a while to get an Italian to kiss you.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Painfully obvious that it is Johnny Kascier.
#1 fire kibitzer

The drunk scene has one of my favorite Stooge quotes:

"Let's cremate 'im." "We can't do that... we ain't got no cream."
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

This is one of those Shemp shorts that I didn't care for at all, but repeated viewings have warmed me up to it a bit.  The flashback scenes are fun. 

#124. Love At First Bite