Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, 61

Offline ProfessorStooge

WWE legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper passed away at age 61. Throughout his career, Piper had rivalries with such greats as Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter, and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. In WWE, he was a one-time Intercontinental Champion, and a one-time World Tag Team Champion.  Piper also won numerous titles while in the National Wrestling Alliance. In 2005, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wow, another legend gone and like so many who have passed, he goes at what I consider a relatively young age. Piper was one of my favorite wrestling personalities. RIP, the Rowdy One...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Rowdy Piper entertained me more than almost any human being who walked the face of the Earth.  There are others who are in his territory, including guys we celebrate on this site, but not many. Piper has entertained me since I was six years old.  Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but based on real life interviews I've heard with the guy, he seems like somebody I would have gotten along with.

R.I.P. Hot Rod, thanks for all you gave.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

PS:  One of my very first wrestling memories as a kid.  I watched it when it happened.  It was bizarre to me even when I was so young, but in a good way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_U-vj6_pz3U
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Whether the term for the cause of death is heart attack or cardiac arrest, another wrestler has left the universe all too soon.

Hot Rod did not need a belt to be the champion that he was.

He was so hated in what was then the WWF, that he made Lou Albano, the most disliked manager of all time in the organization, into a good guy (with a little help from Cyndi Lauper).  And it was the late Adrian Adonis (Keith Franke) that made Piper popular.

R.I.P., Rowdy One.