Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Myrt And Marge has been restored!

Offline archiezappa

The Three Stooges (and Ted Healy) film "Myrt And Marge" has been restored and will be shown at a film festival over Labor Day weekend, hosted by John Carpenter.

The following is from Facebook:

Author Bill Cassara will introduce a new 35mm restoration print of "MYRT AND MARGE" and autograph his new biography of Ted Healy [Nobody's Stooge] at Cinecon 51 in Hollywood at the Egyptian Theater over Labor Day Weekend.

Offline metaldams

The Three Stooges (and Ted Healy) film "Myrt And Marge" has been restored and will be shown at a film festival over Labor Day weekend, hosted by John Carpenter.

The following is from Facebook:

Author Bill Cassara will introduce a new 35mm restoration print of "MYRT AND MARGE" and autograph his new biography of Ted Healy [Nobody's Stooge] at Cinecon 51 in Hollywood at the Egyptian Theater over Labor Day Weekend.

If you or anybody else is going, please let us know how the film is.  If I get a copy of it later on, you know darn well I'll let you all know my opinion when the time comes.  I've been known to do that once in a while.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Hopefully, the restored film gets released on DVD/Blu-Ray, even if it's just a DVD-R.

Offline locoboymakesgood

If I can get some time off of work that week, I'm going to make an effort to go.

I wonder what made Universal restore what is a rather obscure and forgotten film from their catalog. Does anyone have any details on the restoration process or how it was decided?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline archiezappa

On NOVEMBER 6th at 1:00 held in the EAST MEADOW LIBRARY Auditorium John Carpenter will be hosting "FROM VAUDEVILLE TO HOLLYWOOD --- TED HEALY & HIS STOOGES" a entertaining, education retrospect on the birth of a comedy tradition of clowns in a filmed recreation of their act "PLANE NUTS" and one of their first & RAREST feature Films "MYRT AND MARGE" !!!

***NOTE: This will be the NEW YORK Premiere screening for the public of both these 1933 films! CALL THE PROGRAM DEPT ASAP: (516) 794-2570 ext 218 TO SAY YOU ARE PRO STOOGE & THAT THIS VENUE IS SO GREAT TO HOST THEIR RETURN TO BEING HOUSEHOLD NAMES!

**November 1st NEWSDAY NEWSPAPER will be running TWO ARTICLES on this MOVIE MAN MATINEE EVENT SCREENING in the L.I.Life Section of the Top NY publication !

Offline healyhouston

I have a bootleg DVD of Myrt and Marge and its very interesting.  You get to see the Stooges and Ted at the end acting as themselves with hair greased back.

Offline archiezappa

I'm still hoping for an official DVD release of this movie.  We need to bug Universal Pictures.  I really wish that this movie, as well as Fugitive Lovers and Start Cheering would be released on DVD, officially.  I need these to complete my collection.  Does anyone know who to contact?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think the thing I've been waiting for is someone to release Shemp's three Monogram features from the mid to late 40s, but who knows if that day will ever come... 

:-\
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline archiezappa

I think the thing I've been waiting for is someone to release Shemp's three Monogram features from the mid to late 40s, but who knows if that day will ever come... 

:-\

Yeah, I know.  I was always hoping for those three movies to be released on DVD, preferably as a trilogy.  It would work. 

I'm still waiting for "Fugitive Lovers," "Start Cheering" and, as I previously said, "Myrt And Marge."