Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Myrt And Marge

Offline archiezappa

I heard that Myrt And Marge has been restored and will be playing at some film festivals on the west coast. I'm hoping a DVD release will be coming soon. Anyone else have any information regarding this?

Offline Squirrelbait

I heard that Myrt And Marge has been restored and will be playing at some film festivals on the west coast. I'm hoping a DVD release will be coming soon. Anyone else have any information regarding this?

That's awesome! If you (or anybody else) can find any further information, I'd really like to see it!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Mark The Shark

That would be great -- one of the few pieces that are still missing, or at least MIA as far as an official video release. I'd be glad to see it come out.

Offline archiezappa

Okay, here's a link for the Cinecon Film Festival, which will feature The Three Stooges movie "Myrt And Marge."  I can't go, but maybe some of you other Stooges fans can go.  This link has a list of all the films that will be shown.  The Three Stooges will be on that Saturday, September 5,  at 7pm. 

http://www.hollywoodparty.org/cinecon-film-festival.html

Offline archiezappa

On NOVEMBER 6th at 1:00 held in the EAST MEADOW LIBRARY Auditorium John Carpenter will be hosting "FROM VAUDEVILLE TO HOLLYWOOD --- TED HEALY & HIS STOOGES" a entertaining, education retrospect on the birth of a comedy tradition of clowns in a filmed recreation of their act "PLANE NUTS" and one of their first & RAREST feature Films "MYRT AND MARGE" !!!

***NOTE: This will be the NEW YORK Premiere screening for the public of both these 1933 films! CALL THE PROGRAM DEPT ASAP: (516) 794-2570 ext 218 TO SAY YOU ARE PRO STOOGE & THAT THIS VENUE IS SO GREAT TO HOST THEIR RETURN TO BEING HOUSEHOLD NAMES!

**November 1st NEWSDAY NEWSPAPER will be running TWO ARTICLES on this MOVIE MAN MATINEE EVENT SCREENING in the L.I.Life Section of the Top NY publication !

Offline Squirrelbait

On NOVEMBER 6th at 1:00 held in the EAST MEADOW LIBRARY Auditorium John Carpenter will be hosting "FROM VAUDEVILLE TO HOLLYWOOD --- TED HEALY & HIS STOOGES" a entertaining, education retrospect on the birth of a comedy tradition of clowns in a filmed recreation of their act "PLANE NUTS" and one of their first & RAREST feature Films "MYRT AND MARGE" !!!

***NOTE: This will be the NEW YORK Premiere screening for the public of both these 1933 films! CALL THE PROGRAM DEPT ASAP: (516) 794-2570 ext 218 TO SAY YOU ARE PRO STOOGE & THAT THIS VENUE IS SO GREAT TO HOST THEIR RETURN TO BEING HOUSEHOLD NAMES!

**November 1st NEWSDAY NEWSPAPER will be running TWO ARTICLES on this MOVIE MAN MATINEE EVENT SCREENING in the L.I.Life Section of the Top NY publication !

Great news Archie!
Wish I could attend.....I'm still hoping for a DVD release somewhere down the road....
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline archiezappa

I'm also hopeful for a DVD release.  Hopefully, with all the publicity and festivals, a DVD will happen.