Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

R.I.P. Christopher Lee, 93

Offline metaldams

He deserves his own thread.  The man played several horror roles, including, Dracula, The Mummy, and The Frankenstein Monster.  He was a Bond villain, he was in Star Wars, he was in Lord of the Rings, and he sang on heavy metal concept albums about Charlemenge.  He probably did tons of other things I'm neglecting to mention, but the point is he was a man who did several things and did not stop until his death at age 93.  I consider myself a fan and truly look up to him, he seemed to live a full life.

There are several ways to pay tribute to Cheistopher Lee.  As for me, I am fortunate to have a day off, so I watched RASPUTIN - THE MAD MONK, DRACULA - PRINCE OF DARKNESS, and THE DEVIL RIDES OUT.  All fun films, and the former is especially fun to watch while engaged in a bottle of red wine (if you know the film, you'll know what I mean).  Christopher Lee really plays his role to the hilt, and I had a blast enjoying that role today.

Rest in peace Mr. Lee, you were truly one of a kind.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Seamus

One of my favorites.  His career really resonated with me - a classy, charismatic actor who lent his talents to so many fun, weird movies.  I loved watching his career resurgence over the past ten years or so.  I half expected him to just go on forever.

I might give Rasputin a spin this weekend myself, been a while since I've seen that one.  I remember really enjoying Lee's robust performance in that (not to mention his DVD commentary - his legitimate interest in the real Rasputin and Russian history in general was pretty infectious).