Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, 69

Offline ProfessorStooge

Professional wrestler Dusty Rhodes, known as "The American Dream", passed away today at age 69. Although he never won any championships with WWE, he became a three-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Rhodes was also an inductee in the WCW, WWE, and Professional Wrestling Halls of Fame. In his retirement, Rhodes served as a booker, trainer, and made numerous appearances on WWE television. He was the father of Dustin and Cody Runnels, who wrestle in WWE as Goldust and Stardust, respectively.

Offline Lefty

I first saw Dusty Rhodes on TV on Florida Championship Wrestling in the mid-1970s, even though I live in what was WWWF territory then.  I remember when he became a face in a breakup with Pak Song.  He was always fun to watch in the ring and to listen to on the mic.  RIP Dusty, if you wee-ull.

Offline metaldams

Here's hoping Dusty's collecting at the big pay window in the sky.  May he rest in peace...as well as Christopher Lee.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Dusty was always one of my favorites--as a performer and as a color commentator. RIP...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.