Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Greatest Comedy Trios In Film History....

Offline Squirrelbait

http://www.mandatory.com/2015/05/12/the-greatest-comedy-trios-in-film-history/

Well, Moe Larry and Curly were mentioned, but they failed to realize that there were other 'Third Stooges' besides Curly. Thoughts on this list?
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline metaldams

This to me shows the difference between The Three Stooges and those others.  I like THREE AMIGOS and GHOSTBUSTERS, for example, but all of these other films have trios with actors who aren't specifically linked to the trio for their entire careers.  The Three Stooges were a genuine, career trio.  Also, starting with A NIGHT AT THE OPERA, The Marx Brothers were a trio and belong on this list.
- Doug Sarnecky

"Of the nearly 200 films released under their franchise name, these three starred in only a dozen of them together."
What is that supposed to mean?
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Squirrelbait

"Of the nearly 200 films released under their franchise name, these three starred in only a dozen of them together."
What is that supposed to mean?

Yeah, I caught that too. My best guess is that he's just referring to Moe, Larry and Curly. They made 97 out of the 190 Columbia shorts together.
Yeah, 97 - does that reeeeeeally seem like just 'a handful' to you?
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.