Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sing a Song of Six Pants (1947)

metaldams · 38 · 14767

I don't know who Lew Davis is, but I'll agree that the announcer does not sound like Jules White.

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
I don't know who Lew Davis is, but I'll agree that the announcer does not sound like Jules White.
http://www.threestooges.net/cast/actor/102
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

Just watched this one again and I enjoyed it.  Did anybody else notice the Stooges charged Virginia Hunter $42.50, she gave them $450 and said keep the change?  That over $400 tip should have been enough to pay the $320 + debt and save their business.  Stooges and warped math always go well together.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Just watched this one again and I enjoyed it.  Did anybody else notice the Stooges charged Virginia Hunter $42.50, she gave them $450 and said keep the change?  That over $400 tip should have been enough to pay the $320 + debt and save their business.  Stooges and warped math always go well together.

True that, but I thought the gist of that moment was she gave them the $50 of the $450 ($7.50 change for those keeping score at home), openly counting off and pocketing the other $400 she pulled out of the pants the boys just had in their possession, which is why Moe says they had a fortune in their hands and let it slide through.

It's also why she gets that sort of guilty look on her face when T.H. announces the "doity crooks" took his bank roll -- i.e. the $450 she currently, unbeknownst to Terry, has the majority of...

Offline metaldams

True that, but I thought the gist of that moment was she gave them the $50 of the $450 ($7.50 change for those keeping score at home), openly counting off and pocketing the other $400 she pulled out of the pants the boys just had in their possession, which is why Moe says they had a fortune in their hands and let it slide through.

It's also why she gets that sort of guilty look on her face when T.H. announces the "doity crooks" took his bank roll -- i.e. the $450 she currently, unbeknownst to Terry, has the majority of...

What you say makes sense.  I think I must’ve misinterpreted the $50 for $450.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
What you say makes sense.  I think I must’ve misinterpreted the $50 for $450.

Perfectly understandable given the way she openly counts off. "100... 200... 300... 400... 50!"

Offline Dr. Mabuse

High-energy Stooge outing transcends its painfully reduced production values — hence the lack of a classic set piece that you would expect from the Curly era. Harold Brauer is a memorable heavy. No classic, but still enjoyable.

7.5/10
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 01:55:46 AM by Dr. Mabuse »

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm all for the preservation of old films, but technicolor "Three Stooges" is something I'll always pass on.

Btw, does whatever confusion about the radio announcer's voice have anything to do with the recycle, Rip, Sew and Stitch? In that version, Jules White dubbed in his own voice, which always seemed like a waste to me, since he virtually repeated the original word for word...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

I'm all for the preservation of old films, but technicolor "Three Stooges" is something I'll always pass on.

When it was the days when Sony was doing it, selling a few shorts at a time and trying to pass off colorization as the wave of the future for selling Stooge shorts, I hated it.

Now that all the black and white shorts are released and it’s now a guy putting hard work into the colorization to show for free on YouTube - I’m not as bothered.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

I rank this at #8 (Shemp) and at #49 overall.  Most enjoyable.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

I give "Sing A Song Of Six Pants" a 9/10, I thought it was great seeing the boys have their own clothing shop, them capturing the bad guys and a happy ending where the stooges prevail, I also loved seeing the stooges press Cy Schindell's character in the ironing board while burning his bottom with a hot iron, the scene where Shemp was reading the comics were hilarious, Vernon Dent gives a great performance as the detective looking for Terry Hargan.

Offline Larrys#1

This is really good. Moe making pancakes on the pressing machine was good and surprisingly, makes me crave for pancakes every time I watch that scene. And Shemp laughing hysterically while reading the comics was priceless! And him ironing the pants was also really good. This is where Shemp's talent really shines and shows that he can be just as funny as Curly... in a different way of course, since both of them have very different styles.

9/10