Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pictures of ourselves.

metaldams · 44 · 13110

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

Yes, i was only joking. Hence, the Woo Woo Wooo...

I was trying to show you a link for someone who wasn't joking.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

Here is a picture of me, taken a couple years ago!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Alright, I've been here 11-12 years and you can probably see this picture on my Facebook profile so I'll give in and post one of my ugly mug. A couple of things you need to keep in mind:

1. I have never liked taking pictures so there aren't very many of me to begin with.

2. This was taken the day of my mother's funeral without my permission and knowledge. Yes I know I am "looking" directly at the photographer but I hadn't slept in two weeks or so.

3. Like I said, I hadn't slept in a couple of weeks so I look like shit. I don't look much better on full rest, but there you go.

4. The bigger, older gentleman is my father.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Jim, your photo is not showing up on my work computer.  Perhaps it will at home.

There haven't been many pictures of me recently until my nephew was born.  Now everybody is picture crazy because he's so little, and since I spend a decent amount of time with him, I'm showing up in these pictures.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Try this..
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You look just like your Pops.

Remind me to kill you later.

Actually yeah I definitely do resemble the old man. My sister and I take after him and his side of the family while my brother takes after my mother's side...and they are the twins. Go figure!

Offline metaldams

Remind me to kill you later.

Actually yeah I definitely do resemble the old man. My sister and I take after him and his side of the family while my brother takes after my mother's side...and they are the twins. Go figure!

I'm more my Dad's side my brother my Mom's (my brother and I look nothing alike), though I did find out I got my love of red head's from my Mom's side.  Had a 90 year old great uncle mention it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Alright, I've been here 11-12 years and you can probably see this picture on my Facebook profile so I'll give in and post one of my ugly mug. A couple of things you need to keep in mind:

1. I have never liked taking pictures so there aren't very many of me to begin with.

2. This was taken the day of my mother's funeral without my permission and knowledge. Yes I know I am "looking" directly at the photographer but I hadn't slept in two weeks or so.

3. Like I said, I hadn't slept in a couple of weeks so I look like shit. I don't look much better on full rest, but there you go.

4. The bigger, older gentleman is my father.

It's nice to finally be able to put a face by the name. You look beat. I don't figure I looked any better the day we buried my mom.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's nice to finally be able to put a face by the name. You look beat. I don't figure I looked any better the day we buried my mom.

Yeah, long story short I was the one handled everything and with all the stress I wasn't getting any sleep. I have enough trouble sleeping normally. I didn't even know that picture was taken even though it was taken right in front of me and I am looking right at the person taking it. People and their fucking cell phones.

Offline metaldams

Bringing up an old warhorse of a thread.  Last night some girls were hanging out with my brother and I and I busted out a picture of me in my metal 18 - 20 year old days in my college dorm.  Last night, I put on the same jacket, struck the same pose, and one of the girls makes a collage of it and sends it to me.  I'm technologically illiterate, but she's not and the results are quite funny.  Here's my (clears throat) evolution from age 18 - 20 to age 36.  The metalhead in me never dies, doing some strange combination pose of Dio, Gene Simmons, and King Diamond.  If any of you guys have cool pics, post them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

Bringing up an old warhorse of a thread.  Last night some girls were hanging out with my brother and I and I busted out a picture of me in my metal 18 - 20 year old days in my college dorm.  Last night, I put on the same jacket, struck the same pose, and one of the girls makes a collage of it and sends it to me.  I'm technologically illiterate, but she's not and the results are quite funny.  Here's my (clears throat) evolution from age 18 - 20 to age 36.  The metalhead in me never dies, doing some strange combination pose of Dio, Gene Simmons, and King Diamond.  If any of you guys have cool pics, post them.

What you really need is a photo of yourself in this pose from your babyhood, as is the trend for folks to recreate their baby pictures.  :)

Thanks for posting these.  Dub them "Forever Metal."  I must admit I assumed your name, Metaldams, was your surname, or other family member's surname.  But it turns out that - - dam! - - you're metal!   :laugh:
I've always wondered:  what do the gestures signify?  I know, "Ignorant, eh?"  Yes, I am, so please enlighten me.

I enjoy seeing photos.  I have no "cool pics" of any kind, but I hope other people will post some. 

Offline Seamus

Love that Dogfish Head shrine you've got on the wall.

Offline metaldams

What you really need is a photo of yourself in this pose from your babyhood, as is the trend for folks to recreate their baby pictures.  :)

Thanks for posting these.  Dub them "Forever Metal."  I must admit I assumed your name, Metaldams, was your surname, or other family member's surname.  But it turns out that - - dam! - - you're metal!   :laugh:
I've always wondered:  what do the gestures signify?  I know, "Ignorant, eh?"  Yes, I am, so please enlighten me.

I enjoy seeing photos.  I have no "cool pics" of any kind, but I hope other people will post some.

The thing about metal gestures is the less you think about them, the better they are.  It's all for fun.

Really, they don't signify much.  Gene Simmons of KISS has a long tongue, so he sticks it out because it makes him money.  I don't think he'd argue with what I just said.

The hand gesture - first off, I should have put down the thumb.  Secondly, it's something Ronnie James Dio came up with when he joined Black Sabbath.  He wanted something with sinister connotations to fit Sabbath, he was Italian American, his Italian grandmother did that hand gesture to ward off the evil eye, he used it onstage, and it stuck with concert goers ever since.

Ultimately though, it's all tongue in cheek.  OK, my tongue wasn't near my cheek....but you get the point.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Love that Dogfish Head shrine you've got on the wall.

Thanks.  I live with my brother, and he works for a beer and wine distributor, so he gets all kinds of stuff like that.  Nothing beats the Billy Dee Williams Colt 45 bobble head in the basement.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

The thing about metal gestures is the less you think about them, the better they are.  It's all for fun.

Really, they don't signify much.  Gene Simmons of KISS has a long tongue, so he sticks it out because it makes him money.  I don't think he'd argue with what I just said.

The hand gesture - first off, I should have put down the thumb.  Secondly, it's something Ronnie James Dio came up with when he joined Black Sabbath.  He wanted something with sinister connotations to fit Sabbath, he was Italian American, his Italian grandmother did that hand gesture to ward off the evil eye, he used it onstage, and it stuck with concert goers ever since.

Ultimately though, it's all tongue in cheek.  OK, my tongue wasn't near my cheek....but you get the point.

Thank you for your reply.  My "baby" sister is a self-described headbanger, but she's not always approachable about things like this.  That means I'm extra appreciative of your patient explanation. 

I recognized the tongue as being associated with Gene Simmons.  I didn't know that about Ronnie James Dio.  Thanks!

Offline metaldams

Per chance anyone cares, here's my semi balding chrome dome at the mic on Saturday talking to the guys who do VH1's THAT METAL SHOW.  Questions about Cliff Burton rule.  They ran out of prizes before I could get a chance to stump Eddie (the guy on the left is known for getting hard rock and metal trivia questions thrown at him) but ironically, he unusually asked the crowd a question, and he couldn't stump ME, as I was the only one who blurted out the answer. I mean, doesn't everyone know the modern Scorpions drummer used to play for Kingdom Come?
- Doug Sarnecky