Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Journal - Spring 2015 Issue #153

Offline metaldams

My copy arrived today, good stuff!  Brent "BeAStooge" Seguine's promised article about the facts surrounding Curly's retirement is included.  A little spoiler - he doesn't blame Harry Cohn.  Shocking, I know.  Brent, excellent job!  He goes into great details about touring dates, filming schedules, and things happening in Curly's life at the time that would have contributed.  It's definitely worth reading, very well researched and a nice, neat summary of what we've been talking about in some recent threads. 

Also a cool article by Brian Kirkpatrick comparing plot similarities between BRIDELESS GROOM and Buster Keaton's SEVEN CHANCES.  You guys who don't know your silent comedy,  which seems to be a decent amount of you,  I'm telling you, in addition to missing out on great films in and of themselves, as Stooge fans, you're missing their film roots.  Do your homework, and I promise you it's better than 7th grade algebra.

Also a cool article by Tony "Shemp Shady" Eden about a screening of Shemp's "Mr. Noisy."  As a poster, I miss him, I wish he'd return.

- Doug Sarnecky