Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"On Cinema" Presents New Series of Stooge Interviews

Offline middlenamewayne

I just stumbled across these new Three Stooges tributes/interviews on the Adult Swim site. Apparently they were part of some sort of Oscar Night special presentation. Very spurious, in an ersatz way -- check 'em out:

Moe Howard:

Larry Fine:

Curly Howard:

-- mnw

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Is that Mark Proksch (The Office US, etc.)?

According to his IMDb, he did W.C. Fields and Charlie Chaplin at the previous one.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

Unmitigated garbage.
I'll have to agree with you on this one.. I don't know why, except when "Curly" was doing the famous Curly mannerisms and not speaking at all and acting a bit nerdy.. well, I was just laughing during that part. I seriously don't understand why. The rest of all of the interviews sucked... It truly did... Okay, he could've at least gotten a better Larry wig! I mean, seriously!!
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Well, considering it's [adult swim] and that Tim Heidecker is the host, one shouldn't go in expecting the best...

That said, as an admitted fan of the weird, bizarre, sorta purposefully crappy [adult swim]/Tim & Eric brand of humor, I laughed - especially at the constant boing sound effects and the random Stooge pictures that kept fading in. I can see, though, why it wouldn't be for everyone; definitely an acquired taste.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

Well, considering it's [adult swim] and that Tim Heidecker is the host, one shouldn't go in expecting the best...

That said, as an admitted fan of the weird, bizarre, sorta purposefully crappy [adult swim]/Tim & Eric brand of humor, I laughed - especially at the constant boing sound effects and the random Stooge pictures that kept fading in. I can see, though, why it wouldn't be for everyone; definitely an acquired taste.
Yes, it is a bit funny and I will have to agree with you about the constant sound effects.
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!