Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What are your favorite Curly shorts, scenes, quotes, etc.??

Offline PresidentWardRobey

As we come to the end of an era of Stooge history in the weekly discussions, I thought it would be fun to relive some of those wonderful moments in this thread.  First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has participated in the weekly discussions.  Though I knew quite a bit about the Stooges before signing up to this website, I am learning even more as the weeks go by and have enjoyed reading everybody's unique perspective and insight.  With that in mind, please feel free to set your own criteria as to your favorite Curly shorts, scenes, quotes, etc.

As for me, I decided to choose 5 shorts that gave me the most "bang for the buck" in terms of Curly's performance and his ability to make me laugh at his antics.  In alphabetical order, these are my Top 5 Curly shorts:

An Ache In Every Stake
Dutiful But Dumb
Loco Boy Makes Good
Violent Is The Word For Curly
We Want Our Mummy

A recurring theme for me in my list of shorts, and one of the biggest reasons I like Curly, is his ability to interact with inanimate objects.  Whether he's shaving some ice or wrestling with an air hose, Curly was a unique talent who never ceases to put a smile on my face.  So let the good times roll and share your favorite Curly moments!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Favorite Curly shorts:

Disorder in The Court
Grips, Grunts and Groans
Crash Goes the Hash
Pardon My Scotch
In the Sweet Pie and Pie

Favorite Curly moments: off the top of my head--the already mentioned "shaving the ice", Curly's wrestling match from Grips, the take off your hat scene that everyone should know about, Curly's rumba dance from Three Smart Saps, Curly's manual of arms from Boobs in Arms...

There's also the whole gimmick of Curly as the wishing wizard from Oily to Bed..., and I'm guessing there's a lot of small stuff Curly did that puts a grin on my face but I'll let someone else chime in...

And, oh yeah, favorite Curly quote or one of my favorites: "My father died dancing... on the end of a rope."

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

I'll just throw some randoms -

Favorite scene is a tie between Curly with the pipes in A PLUMBING WE WILL GO and the sweater scene in HOW HIGH IS UP? 

Curly at his most hyper is WE WANT OUR MUMMY.  Curly at his lowest, performance wise, is IF A BODY MEETS A BODY.

Favorite Curly short: A PLUMBING WE WILL GO

Least favorite Curly short: HALF-SHOT SHOOTERS
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

I couldn't possibly list all my favorites, but a few are:  in "Punch Drunks," when Curly is boxing and his opponent hits the notes on his trunks and they make music; in "We Want Our Mummy," when Curly is in the tunnel and scared and says, "Smote!" also from that short when he says he wants to go to Tunis so they can have "tunis sandwiches;" when Curly grows tall in "Some More Of Samoa," and says to Moe, "Beat me, daddy, down to the floor."  That's just a quick sample.