Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge features to Blu-Ray on 4/21/15

Offline Tony Bensley

Hi Operator15!

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback regarding TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM!

As I recall, on the Millcreek DVD, there were two occurrences of glitches within the aforementioned Film's first 4 1/2 minutes, one of these during the opening credits.  Thankfully, this doesn't appear to be case with the Millcreek Blu-Ray thus far, which gives me cause to be cautiously optimistic about these 2 "Triple Feature" Volumes!

I greatly look forward to your feedback on other Titles in these sets!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Offline Tony Bensley

Even as I await further reviews from the two "Three Stooges Triple Feature" Blu-Ray Volumes, I've discovered today that Canadian Amazon pushed back their Release date to May 19! :(

As U.S Amazon's current pricing, even factoring in Exchange Rate and Import Fees, is currently lower anyway, I may order from them instead, should I decide to order these "Triple Feature" Blu-Ray Volumes.

I just hope the same thing doesn't occur with THE FLYING DEUCES VCI Entertainment Blu-Ray that's also due for Release by Canadian & U.S Amazon May 19!  It won't surprise me if its Canadian Release does get pushed back, however!  In my opinion, Canadian Amazon and the U.S/Canadian Distributors really need to get it together regarding the correct Date of Issue!  There's no good reason (Again, in my opinion!) why the correct Release Date can't be sorted out to begin with!

Offline Squirrelbait

Well, sat down to watch "Time Out for Rhythm" tonight.  Transfer quality was fantastic all the way through.  Movie was okay, with the Stooges definitely stealing the show anytime they showed up.

What I want, besides a further compilation of the remaining movies, is honestly a TV show/guest star compilation.  The Marx Brothers got one recently (which I need to pick up, along with the post-Paramount films) and I think the Stooges deserve one too.  Give us any available TV show appearances, plus things like "Kook's Tour" and "Jerks of All Trades", so that some of us have an easier time filling gaps in the filmography.

I'm glad they fixed up the glitches that were so irritating on the DVD transfer. It sounds like a good review to me!

Also, I'm 100% in agreement about giving the Stooges the TV Guest Star/Miscellaneous Appearances compilation. In addition to the things you mentioned, I wish they could throw in the original pilot for The Three Stooges Scrapbook (which, to my knowledge, has never seen a proper DVD release) and, although they're not TV appearances, maybe Hollywood On Parade, Star Spangled Salesman, and some of the Screen Snapshots appearances.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Tony Bensley

Here is a link to Technical Reviews for THE THREE STOOGES TRIPLE FEATURE COLLECTION:  Volume 1, and its individual Titles:  http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Three-Stooges-Collection-Volume-One-Triple-Feature-Blu-ray/124956/

CHEERS!  :)

Offline Tony Bensley

Unfortunately, going by the reviews, it appears that THE OUTLAWS IS COMING has once again, fared the worst of the Millcreek Three Stooges Titles, as it certainly did on their DVD counterpart!

I think that I'll be sticking with my "Outlaws" Sony DVD, and the other Millcreek DVD Three Stooges Features, at least for the time being!

Isn't it mystifying how the most recent Three Stooges Feature, for which an excellent DVD version exists, has encountered such a rough road on BOTH the Millcreek DVD and Blu-Ray sets?

*************UPDATE**************

Based on the ever trustworthy Paul Mular's Reviews for both "Triple Feature" volumes, it appears that I'm eating a bit of crow, which I will gladly do, in this case!

Suffice it to say that, based on Paul's preliminary reviews for the Blu-Ray Titles, all of the glitches, save for one ("Go Around The World In A Daze" does still have the brief out of sync video looping!), have been corrected!

It appears that I'll be ordering these, after all!

Below are links to Paul Mular's Reviews for both of THE THREE STOOGES: TRIPLE FEATURE Blu-Ray Volumes:

Volume 1: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-Feature-Blu-ray/product-reviews/B00THX0SRG/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Volume 2: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-Feature-Hercules/product-reviews/B00THX0TFW/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Offline Larrys#1

Finally decided to buy this one. Not sure why it took me so long, lol. But very surprised with how these look. They are very good transfers and a good taste of how the stooges would look on Blu-ray if Sony ever decides to release them one day.

A pet peeve of mine is why they always omit one of the Curly-Joe flicks. When Sony released these individually, they omitted Have Rocket, Will Travel. Now we get that film, but missing Orbit. What is up with that?

I'd rather have Stop Look and Laugh and In Orbit for a more complete collection instead of Time Out for Rhythm and Rockin' In the Rockies. They are ok movies, but they are basically films where the stooges have cameos rather them having the starring role.

Offline metaldams

I just bought these two sets in the past year myself.  Had these films on VHS, never on DVD minus Have Rocket.  My VCR player passed away, so I bought these.  Decided to download Orbit on Amazon Prime for $14.95 because it’s cheaper than the OOP DVD. 

I’m fine with the two Curly features just to have and I know for a fact I will never watch Stop, Look and Laugh ever again.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Larrys#1

I was able to purchase an HD digital copy of Orbit on Vudu for $5 via their disc to digital service since I own the DVD. So my Curly-Joe HD collection is now complete!  :)

A little strange why they would have it digitally but not on Blu-ray. It is what it is, I guess.