Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Our Gang/The Little Rascals thread

Offline hiramhorwitz

One other thing you may be interested to hear - and that is that Spanky's wife Doris celebrated her 90th birthday this past weekend.  Time certainly does fly.

Offline Marshall

One other thing you may be interested to hear - and that is that Spanky's wife Doris celebrated her 90th birthday this past weekend.  Time certainly does fly.

Thanks for this info too, hiramhorwitz.
Marshall

Offline Moose Malloy

If memory serves he was on for a whole week and I caught a couple of shows. I recall that he he had a full head of silver hair and he threw a pie in his wife's face. He was really spry for a geezer!

Offline Curly Van Dyke

Yes, that Cake noise is Classic. They used it again when Spanky got a shot of Tabasco sauce and when a Black Gentleman
was about to kiss his girl and met up with "Cotton the Monkey".
The Roach Rascals are So Good. Now and then Turner will fill a spot with an MGM Our Gang-Boy were they Bad! Even Spanky
and Alfafa couldn't save them. When they got down to Froggy and Mickey-forget it. Only Buckwheat hung on to the end.

Offline 7stooges

Not sure how many have heard, but ClassicFlix is trying to get the Little Rascals shorts properly restored. Unfortunately, with only seven days of their crowdfunding left, they've only reached 41% of their goal. If I'm not mistaken, ClassicFlix has said they'll continue with the project (or at least with the first volume) even if they don't meet their goal - it's just going to take much, much longer to happen.

ClassicFlix also located "Los Cazadores de Osos" (the Spanish language version of "Bear Shooters"). They've even expressed interest in restoring the silent films. But that will depend heavily on how much funding they can get. Restoration is no easy task.

If anyone would care to donate, here's a link below:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/little-rascals-preservation-restoration-project#/

(PS - I'm not affiliated with this project. I'm just trying to help support it)

Offline Samurai

Glass half empty:  I'm half wrong.
Glass half full:  I'm half right. 
:)
Nice Stooge reference!! For some reason, that comment reminded me of Wheezer....... I have no idea why.
Glass too big (George Carlin)
(slightly modified for context)

Apologies for dredging up the past, but I do what I must. Plus, stirring up a dusty hornet's nest on occasion leads to interesting conversation.

Last night, just before going to bed, I was following my typical weeknight routine. Watching the first 2 Stooges shorts on MeTV+ at midnight (they show 3 Stooge shorts, followed by 1 Our Gang, and ending with 1 Laurel & Hardy). Anyway, I was still awake when 'Love Business' came on. It has been years, if not decades, since I've seen this. Great memories of the early Miss Crabtree and Jackie shorts...not to mention Chubsy-Ubsy. Naturally, I came here looking to see if there was a Little Rascals thread. Dopey me, of course there was!

After scanning the entire thread, I felt compelled to share what many may already know, but some may not. Stymie was still doing a fair bit of acting well into the 70's. For me, the most memorable bits were from Sanford & Son. He was on 3 episodes, including one of my favorites (Fred Sanford, Legal Eagle...photo attached). 

Offline Mark The Shark

For me, the best "Sanford And Son" episode with Stymie is "A Little Extra Security." One of my favorite episodes in the series.