Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Loan Wolves (1946)

metaldams · 27 · 14805

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

It looks like I'm in the minority (once again) as I thought this was a most enjoyable outing.  Great to see Larry get a chance to shine.  I rank this one at #52 on my countdown.

Offline I. Cheatam

Seriously, I can't stand this one. The over-acting James Cagney kid actor; out-of-it Curly, and sadly I don't like the part where Larry plays the guitar; Old Oaken Bucket is a pointless, weak, meandering little song that I think brings to my mind bad memories of the old man trying to impress me by "playing guitar" when we were teens..... Plus that woman; the skank. She's just gross; makes you want to wash your hands. Could be good looking but isn't; the exaggerated gun moll wink; and plus, come on; leaving a baby at a hock shop! My favorite part of this short is the Bruce Lee kick that Moe lays on the bad guy at the end. I find zero redeeming value in this; not even any of the hock shop items in the background that I usually zoom in on; not even the water in the drawer joke. I think this short is sort of like how I feel about the Superbowl; I know the end of football season (which I enjoy very much) is coming soon and it makes me not even able to enjoy the championship games or the big game itself. I give this a 3.3. Bleh.

It amazes me TBS never showed this short when they had the rights to them.