Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Fates are Smiling

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
My school kitchen boss gave each of us cashiers with a zero till balance a few $1 lottery scratch off cards as a gift for the Christmas break ... one of mine won me $40! Svengarlic and the Italian Ice Cream Man (Signor Spumoni) will be pleased to learn I am taking my bride to the movies tonight ... we are going to watch the third "Night at the Museum", and I think it is because its the last time we can see Robin Williams in a movie before he died (except I think there is one other he was in, can't remember the name of it though), and my bride likes him and was crushed to hear of his death. Sometimes the  cards just fall your way ... (about the money, I mean)
I remember .. the other movie was called "A Merry Friggin' Christmas" ... it MUST have been his last acting thing before, but that's just thinking chronologically
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Congrats on the scratch off ticket Giff--I remember when I hit for a $100 on a 2-dollar ticket once & the little jig I danced afterwards....   :laugh:
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Scratch offs are a few and far between reward if played regularly, but to get this one as a gift may start me on a gambling binge (yea .. right)

Offline Signor Spumoni

My school kitchen boss gave each of us cashiers with a zero till balance a few $1 lottery scratch off cards as a gift for the Christmas break ... one of mine won me $40! Svengarlic and the Italian Ice Cream Man (Signor Spumoni) will be pleased to learn I am taking my bride to the movies tonight ... we are going to watch the third "Night at the Museum", and I think it is because its the last time we can see Robin Williams in a movie before he died (except I think there is one other he was in, can't remember the name of it though), and my bride likes him and was crushed to hear of his death. Sometimes the  cards just fall your way ... (about the money, I mean)
I remember .. the other movie was called "A Merry Friggin' Christmas" ... it MUST have been his last acting thing before, but that's just thinking chronologically

This is the Italian Ice Cream Man checking to say congratulations!  I'm happy for you that you won and that it happened on someone else's money, and - - most of all - - that you and your bride had a night out.  I hope it was fun for you two folks.  I hope you had enough of the $40 left to buy a popcorn to share.  :)
What did you think of the movie?  Have you seen the first two in the series?  I've seen only commercials for that movie, but I thought Robin Williams looked darned good as Teddy Roosevelt.
The title you chose for this, "The Fates Must Be Smiling" reminds me of an early Woody Allen short story, "The Whore of Mensa" (I think that's the correct one) There's a tourist couple in it, and their surname is Fate.
A very happy new year to you and your bride, and many more to come.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Well ... the movie was good, but I hope this is the last one Ben Stiller makes because it was stretching the envelope for predicaments the museum dummies can get into.

"The Fates Be Smiling" may have been a premature acclamation ... my landlords gave us an ultimatum - buy the house we are renting or move out in 3 months. We always thought we would buy the house, but are not sure we could qualify for a loan in 3 months. In any case, now that we MUST decide whether to buy or not, I don't think this is the place for us. It looks like we'll be moving in the next few and even though I'm very expedient at moving, I'm not looking forward to it.