Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2015 MLB Thread

metaldams · 153 · 25974

Offline Tony Bensley

Cueto throwing a masterpiece tonight--KC has homefield vs. the Jays, but does that matter? The way these playoffs are going, who knows...
That's admittedly debatable, at best!

The 2015 ALCS has Toronto Vs. Kansas City.  It's just like 1985 all over again, except for two things:

1.  Toronto doesn't have Home Field advantage this time around.

2.  In 2015, Major League Baseball has the Video Replay; Something the Blue Jays (And later, the Cardinals!) could have benefited from in '85, in my opinion!

CHEERS! :)

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM!

[pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Tony Bensley

NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM! NYM!

[pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie] [pie]
Gee Paul, I'm not sure I quite get which team you're rooting for!  ;)

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Gee Paul, I'm not sure I quite get which team you're rooting for!  ;)

The Cubs.  [angel9]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So, what does a $200 million dollar payroll buy you if you're the Dodgers--absolutely nothing...

Bring on the Cubs...

[cool]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline JazzBill

Bring on the Cubs...

[cool]

This is the match up I was hoping for. The Big Apple against The Windy City. I love it .   [cheers]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Tony Bensley

The AL and NL Teams I hope to see in the 2015 World Series:

AL: Toronto Blue Jays - Hey, they're in Canada, so naturally I'm going to root for the Jays, plus we have a 30 year score to settle with the Royals!

NL: Chicago Cubs - Because I think 70 years without a World Series berth is just way too bloody long!

Who I hope will win the 2015 World Series:  The Toronto Blue Jays of course!  The Chicago Cubs are my second pick, though they would have been my first had Toronto missed the playoffs.

Offline Tony Bensley

Well, so far, my first and second picks haven't fared too well, though at least Toronto finally got a win at the Rogers Centre last night (11-8), and now trail the Royals in the ALCS 2-1.  KC's not making it easy with their grinding offense, that's for sure!  Frankly, I'm surprised that Johnny Cueto coughed up 8 runs in only 2 plus innings!

Chicago needs to do the same and start winning at Wrigley Field, having dropped their first two NLCS games to New York!

Today's Games:

ALCS Game 4 (Kansas City Royals @ Toronto Blue Jays - Rogers Centre): 4 PM

NLCS Game 3 (New York Mets @ Chicago Cubs- Wrigley Field): 8 PM

Offline Tony Bensley

Sadly, it's looking pretty bleak for the Toronto Blue Jays AND the Chicago Cubs, at present!  :P

Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to care about the Mets, much less the Royals, though the latter Team's "Never Say Die" fortitude is to be respected, albeit hard to swallow, if your allegiance is with the other Team!

So it goes!

CHEERS!   :)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Mets have been on fire, but the thing that concerns me a bit is the fact they have 6 days before the Series starts--will those 6 days off cool off their bats; especially Daniel Murphy, who has been inferno these playoffs...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline JazzBill

The Mets have been on fire, but the thing that concerns me a bit is the fact they have 6 days before the Series starts--will those 6 days off cool off their bats; especially Daniel Murphy, who has been inferno these playoffs...
Good luck Met fans.

Offline Tony Bensley

Well, my second pick got swept away by the Mets, who simply outperformed the Cubs in every facet!

Here's hoping for an ALCS Series comeback by the Blue Jays, though it is admittedly, a tall order!

Offline JazzBill

"
"

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Mets and Royals, should be a good one. I'll go ahead and say Mets in 7....

[cool]

Offline Tony Bensley

Mets and Royals, should be a good one. I'll go ahead and say Mets in 7....

[cool]
I dunno!  The Royals have a dangerous lineup that aren't to be underestimated, nor the fact they have home field advantage, which bit the Blue Jays in the ass, as I'd suspected it might.  Could go either way, really!

At any rate, with both of my faves out of it, my Baseball season is done. 

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline metaldams

I am going with The Mets too, their starting pitching is tough.  Still, KC has a ton of fight in them, and as good as those Mets starters are, none are October freaks like Bumgardner.  Should be a good series.  The Mets haven't won since the first World Series I remember and the Royals since the last one I do not remember, so it has been a while.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I just hope this 6 day layoff doesn't have an effect on the Mets--their offense in particular. I'll take the Mets rotation over anyone else's and if we can get some runs on the Royals, we have a great shot. Can't wait...

Offline Lefty

Mets vs. Royals -- World Series this year, first regular season series next year (and 2 games against each other in each city).  Of course, on Opening Day next year, the NFL would call it a revenge match for whichever team loses the main event next week.  As a native of Larry Fine's hometown, there should be no doubt which team I prefer winning the Series.

Also, maybe it's time to have electronic balls-and-strikes calls.  Ben Revere is not one to show much temper, but that second strike in his at-bat in the ninth inning was a tad out of the zone.

Offline Tony Bensley

Mets vs. Royals -- World Series this year, first regular season series next year (and 2 games against each other in each city).  Of course, on Opening Day next year, the NFL would call it a revenge match for whichever team loses the main event next week.  As a native of Larry Fine's hometown, there should be no doubt which team I prefer winning the Series.

Also, maybe it's time to have electronic balls-and-strikes calls.  Ben Revere is not one to show much temper, but that second strike in his at-bat in the ninth inning was a tad out of the zone.
Start of rant:

In my opinion, the KC "Home Run" in the second inning was suspect, also!  :P

While the KC fan that caught the ball told Erin Andrews that he didn't reach out over the outfield wall, the replay rather indicated otherwise!  I lost count on the number of times the commentators have stated they couldn't see an initial call NOT being overturned based on the video evidence, only for it to be upheld by the Umpires!  Then, the commentators revert to the rather convenient "It's really hard to overturn an initial call, so it's really important they get it right to begin with!"  Well, no freakin' duh!

What's the point of the video review, if the final call is up to someone from New York who's nowhere close to the action anyway?  It seems kind of pointless, in my opinion!

While I like the idea of electronic balls and strikes, I fear that would be subject to the same "But is the video evidence 100% conclusive?" scrutiny that seems to be selective in its application, anyway!

End of rant!

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline JazzBill

Don't have a dog in this fight but I'll say the Mets in 5.  Which means I probably just cursed them.

Offline metaldams

Lefty, your pal Ruben Amaro, Jr. has just landed a new job for The Red Sox....as a first base coach!  Talk about a demotion, and I'll think of you every time I see him.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Lefty, your pal Ruben Amaro, Jr. has just landed a new job for The Red Sox....as a first base coach!  Talk about a demotion, and I'll think of you every time I see him.

Metaladams, as you are a Red Sox fan, you have my sympathy.   :-\

You had better hope it's a demotion for him, because the or-guh-nye-zay-shun may be just stupid enough to make him GM at some point.

The Phillies don't meet up with the Bosox in 2016.  There is a good chance they may have a 2-and-2 set in 2017, so by then Rube the Boob should be fired.   [pie]

If you have the time, check out the multitude of comments from this article:  http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Report-Amaro-to-become-Red-Sox-first-base-coach.html][url]http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Report-Amaro-to-become-Red-Sox-first-base-coach.html[/url]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This could be a very sad World Series for me if the Royals keep this up...

[angry7]

Offline Tony Bensley

[angry7]
The Royals seem to be pretty much unstoppable, at this point.  Their tendency to score often in the later innings, coupled with their top notch bullpen (Even without their closer for pity sake!), is what makes KC so dangerous, as Toronto witnessed firsthand in the ALCS!  :P

You have my sympathy!

CHEERS!  :)

Offline JazzBill

[angry7]

Last night should make you feel a little better.