Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2015 MLB Thread

metaldams · 153 · 26019

Offline metaldams

Diesel, you've probably stated this before, but if so, I forget.  Who is your favorite team?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Diesel, you've probably stated this before, but if so, I forget.  Who is your favorite team?

Mets.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Mets.

Are you too young to remember '86?  That's the first World Series where I was aware it was happening.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, I'm a little too young to remember '86 & I didn't start watching baseball on a regular basis until the late 90s--but I have seen many a highlight of that 86 Mets/Sox series. That is one of those series where most people seem to forget that there was a Game 7--it wasn't all about Bill Buckner's mishap, although I guess you could argue that Buckner's play kind of let the air out of Boston's tire for that series....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Yeah, I'm a little too young to remember '86 & I didn't start watching baseball on a regular basis until the late 90s--but I have seen many a highlight of that 86 Mets/Sox series. That is one of those series where most people seem to forget that there was a Game 7--it wasn't all about Bill Buckner's mishap, although I guess you could argue that Buckner's play kind of let the air out of Boston's tire for that series....

Most people forget Calvin Schiraldi (also the losing pitcher of game 7) and Bob Stanley let the air out of Boston's tire way before Buckner.  Buckner was a good ball player, and post 2004, he came back to Fenway and got a great ovation.  That made me smile.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Just heard the news about Mets closer Jenrry Meija. Nitwit is the first word that comes to mind...   ::)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Braves are wearing me out tonight...    [cry]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Heh, I know we're still in the infancy stages of this season, but I don't know if anybody had Atlanta and the Phillies at the top of the NL East, even during this early part of the season. Aye carumba....

Offline Lefty

I'm a little too old to remember 1969.   ::)  My boss at work, 6 years younger than me, became a Mets' fan then because she was home from school, sick, during the World Series, all of which were day games then.  She's also a fan of the Dallas Cowboys because a lot of her friends back then were as well, but they did not jump off a cliff.  At least she likes the Flyers, whose season ended yesterday, hopefully with the coach's tenure as well.

Offline Lefty

Stop the season!  The Phillies are a wild-card qualifier!   :laugh:

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Lefty's Phillies are looking pretty amateurish today, yet the Mets only have a 1-0 lead. A little more offense boys....

Offline Lefty

Lefty's Phillies are looking pretty amateurish today, yet the Mets only have a 1-0 lead. A little more offense boys....

Not "amateurish" -- the word is "normal."  Speaking of normal, Tom Scallion called Ben Revere out on strikes on a pitch above the letters to end the 8th inning.  By rights, it should have been ball four to load the bases, after which the next Phillies' batter would have screwed up royally.  At least 111% of all umpires suck, but the Phillies should at least suck without "official help."

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Matt Harvey is human after all--has a lot of strikeouts through 4 innings but has also given up 3 runs, 2 via the homer. And one could argue that maybe some of Harvey's mojo got thrown off by that long delay where Terry Collins asked the umps to challenge a hit-by-pitch call--looks like the Mets may have gotten hosed on that particular call, but that's life; sometimes you get the call, sometimes you don't....

:-\

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Catcher's interference my ass! Terry Collins should have lost his nut after that BS. This has been one hell of a game & not in a good way!!!  >:(

Offline metaldams

Watching Dodgers Vs. Mariners on MLB Network, and Christ, Vin Scully is still the man.  The guy is 90, never takes a breath, and is always interesting to hear.  Enjoy him while you can.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Metal, I have to ask--are the BoSox really this good in the early part of the year or have the Sox had the benefit of playing some teams that are not exactly the cream of the crop in MLB. Not that I don't enjoy what Boston is doing to the Nationals right now, but there is a 4 game series with the Orioles coming up....

Offline metaldams

Metal, I have to ask--are the BoSox really this good in the early part of the year or have the Sox had the benefit of playing some teams that are not exactly the cream of the crop in MLB. Not that I don't enjoy what Boston is doing to the Nationals right now, but there is a 4 game series with the Orioles coming up....

Too early to say.  There are still a lot of questions with the bullpen and starting pitching.  Clay Buchholz is as Jekyll and Hyde as you can get.  Who knows how long Uehara will last?  I think the offense will be fine.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Boston with the decency to win in the bottom of the 9th as opposed to the 19th today!  Like the 7 - 3 start, have hope for Kelly and Porcello, but not sold on the starting pitching staff yet.  SHIVERING SHERLOCKS will be watched in a few minutes, review coming soon.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm watching the BoSox--I'm guessing Hanley in left field is going to be an adventure all season....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

I was at the game in Baltimore on Sunday where Boston gave up 18 runs.  Not a good game to go as my only game of the year.

What's more fascinating, though, is there were riots outside of Camden Yards the night before, and riots every night since it seems.  The day I was there, however, was peaceful.  Talk about being in the eye of the tornado!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yes Metal, I would say you were very fortunate to get out of Baltimore unscathed. That's going to be a weird game tomorrow between the O's and White Sox with no people in the seats.

Btw, to the Baseball Tonight and MLB Network people, no one gives a shit when A-Roid hits 660....  ::)

Offline metaldams

Yes Metal, I would say you were very fortunate to get out of Baltimore unscathed. That's going to be a weird game tomorrow between the O's and White Sox with no people in the seats.

Btw, to the Baseball Tonight and MLB Network people, no one gives a shit when A-Roid hits 660....  ::)

I was in the Camden Yards/inner harbor area on Sunday.  Had a couple of drinks at some Irish restaurant in the harbor whose name escapes me before the game, went to the the game, and besides watching the Orioles score 18 runs, it was just like any other game I go to.  I would have never known the place was in the middle of some mayhem making national news.  You're right, I am fortunate.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

So no one is allowed in to see the Orioles' game today?  Sounds like "Three Little Pigskins" if you ask me.

Also, Severino Gonzalez made his MLB debut last night for the Phillies, giving up 5 more runs than the 2 the Phillies scored while he was in the game, so his new name is "Seven-Run-O" Gonzalez.

In addition, the Phillies are 23-26 lifetime on my birthday, so tonight's game is very important for them to win.

Offline metaldams

So no one is allowed in to see the Orioles' game today?  Sounds like "Three Little Pigskins" if you ask me.

Also, Severino Gonzalez made his MLB debut last night for the Phillies, giving up 5 more runs than the 2 the Phillies scored while he was in the game, so his new name is "Seven-Run-O" Gonzalez.

In addition, the Phillies are 23-26 lifetime on my birthday, so tonight's game is very important for them to win.

Happy 119th (?) birthday, Lefty.
- Doug Sarnecky