Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2015 MLB Thread

metaldams · 153 · 25098

Offline Lefty

A coworker of mine has tickets to Game 5 tomorrow night.  I guess he now has something to do.

Last night, there was the World Series, a Flyers' game in Buffalo, and the 76ers' home opener.  The TV screens above the lanes at my bowling alley showed the most logical and relevant game (a bad result, just like the others) -- the Flyers.  Basketball is not very popular around here, and Philly teams always take precedence over non-Philly teams.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I don't know what Tyler Clippard's regular season stats are, but it seems like in this postseason, in every high pressure situation, this bum can never make it a clean, 1-2-3 inning. And, of course, Familia comes in to try and clean up his mess and blows yet another save. Oi vey....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Lefty

Giants and Jets, Islanders and Mets -- a grand slam for the New York teams yesterday.  The Philly teams once had one, but the 76ers' game was a preseason brawl against the Celtics.  The Orioles clinched the championship that same night against the Phillies.

My coworker who went to the "Royal Coronation" last night was not in today, probably more due to the late conclusion and the shlep back to "East Jersey" where he lives, than the outcome, even though he is a Mets (and Jets and Islanders) fan.

When ESPN broadcasts the opening series of 2016 between the teams, they will likely build up the "revenge factor" for the Mets.  Sorry gang, it doesn't work that way.