Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2015 MLB Thread

metaldams · 153 · 25101

Offline metaldams

Unless we're talking awards for last season, all trades and signings going forward will be for 2015, so any baseball news going forward, post here.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

There's talk about the Marlins possibly putting up 300+ million for Giancarlo Stanton... 
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24816967/marlins-stanton-mega-deal-is-in-place-325m-13-years-early-opt-out

The Marlins ownership has to be the most bi polar one in baseball.  From sad cheapskates to an all-time record breaking deal!  Geez!  There's no middle ground with this franchise.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, when I'm 48 years old.  Good luck to Stanton, hope he lives up to this better than A-Rod
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Metal, I have to ask, how is the Red Sox pitching situation. Pitching is a concern for a lot of teams, but if Boston wants to climb back into the AL East race with Baltimore, I would think they need some dependable arms....

Offline metaldams

Metal, I have to ask, how is the Red Sox pitching situation. Pitching is a concern for a lot of teams, but if Boston wants to climb back into the AL East race with Baltimore, I would think they need some dependable arms....

If the season were to start today, their opening day stater would be either Clay Buchholz or Joe Kelly. Fortunately, it's November.  I can't see them going the off season not getting a good arm or two.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Little Jimmy Popup is now a Dodger, as the Phillies received two pitchers who will only pitch for them if everyone else sucks, so they should make the big leagues.  Rollins gets to return to Philly in early August for a 3-game series, then he gets to go home to Oakland for two games two weeks later.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So, the Nationals landed the big free agent fish that was Max Scherzer--making an already formidable rotation even deadlier. So in light of that, should we just gift wrap the NL Pennant and send it to Washington?

Offline Lefty

Separated at birth?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm wondering how these new "pace of play" rules will work--if they work at all? There are a number of things that could be done to help "speed up" a game--I usually find that the best games to watch are the low-scoring pitcher's duels & those types of games usually take the least amount of time.

Of course, you're not going to totally obliterate the over 3 hour marathons that happen--but then again, every sport has boring contests...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

According to Bryce Harper, it's all over--you can just go ahead and engrave the Washington Nationals name on the World Series trophy... 

::)

Offline Lefty

For this 500th post of mine, I predict that the Phillies will be nowhere near that percentage at season's end.  Divide by 100 and get their spot in the N.L. Least standings.  I also predict that the Three Stooges (Carnival Barker Giles, .300 Monty, and Ruin Tomorrow Jr.) will still be with the team then as well.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The new season is almost upon us--although I consider tomorrow the real start of the season. I wonder how the Nats and Dodgers will ruin most people's expectations of them. It's got to be "World Series or bust" for those 2 teams...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Torrie Hunter wasn't too pleased with "Cowboy" Joe West after yesterday's Twins loss, even though I think Hunter definitely went after that slider.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
For this 500th post of mine, I predict that the Phillies will be nowhere near that percentage at season's end.  Divide by 100 and get their spot in the N.L. Least standings.  I also predict that the Three Stooges (Carnival Barker Giles, .300 Monty, and Ruin Tomorrow Jr.) will still be with the team then as well.

Wait a while... the Mets and Marlins are overdue for a cellar year, and I think the Nats will be returning in a couple years.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, if that first series of the year is any indication, the Mets will be better than advertised--although, they are currently down 2-0 to the Braves. Where in the hell did the Braves come from? I had them losing over 85 games before the season started--shows how much I know...   ::)

Offline metaldams

I was almost in shock watching that Phillies series and seeing how few of those guys I knew.  The ones I did know are ancient, especially Chase Utley, being a week older than me.  I guess they are going young with some guys, which they should, but not young enough.  For example, there's no reason on Earth why Papelbon should still be a Phillie, surely there's some contending team who can use a closer like him that can give some prospects.

I do think Ben Revere is a good lead off guy, though.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

...and it looks like there's a slight delay in the review.  Every fucking time they pull this shit! I hate that right field porch.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Good thing I didn't wait until after the game to do the review.  I did watch the rest after the review, and it ends at 2:15 or so in the morning.  Boston blows three leads and still wins in the 19th.  Huzzah!  I'm off to bed, my head is pounding.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So far, the uncrowned pennant winners, the Nationals are not looking so hot. But, as always, it's early--a lot of time for teams to bounce back or remember who they are & come crashing back down to earth. I'm thinking the Braves and Reds are due for a big fall....

Offline metaldams

So far, the uncrowned pennant winners, the Nationals are not looking so hot. But, as always, it's early--a lot of time for teams to bounce back or remember who they are & come crashing back down to earth. I'm thinking the Braves and Reds are due for a big fall....

158 games to go, with Washington's pitching, I'm sure they'll be better.

Though this early, Boston managed to accomplish something they couldn't do for all of 2014 - two games above .500.  Thank God the game's a few minutes away, I didn't get enough baseball last night.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

No one ever has to fret about the pace of games when Johnny Cueto is pitching, that's for sure.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

One thing I like about this early part of the season, is that we often get what on paper should be great pitching matchups & Price vs. Kluber today is one that should be great to watch...