Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014-2015 NBA Thread

Offline Svengarlic

Just a head's up on a show that I'm all hyped up to see tonight on ESPN's 30/30 show: "When The Garden Was Eden". Directed by my boy,  Michael Rapaport , the blackest white man in America.  :)

The info with clips: http://espn.go.com/30for30/

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Aaah yes, the NBA--where Lebron has fled from Miami, leaving the Heat with a lesser shot at winning the Eastern Conference. Of course, the East may still be wide open--the Cavs are no lock in my eyes to win the conference; health seems to be the question as far as Derrick Rose is concerned.

Overall, I would say the Heat have a puncher's chance...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

Aaah yes, the NBA--where Lebron has fled from Miami, leaving the Heat with a lesser shot at winning the Eastern Conference. Of course, the East may still be wide open--the Cavs are no lock in my eyes to win the conference; health seems to be the question as far as Derrick Rose is concerned.

Overall, I would say the Heat have a puncher's chance...
Oh! Miami won't even finish second with an ailing and aged D-Wade and no James. The Bulls, Indy and Cleavland are all better now. Even if Rose gets hurt again the Bulls could go all the way. ;)

Offline Lefty

My predictions for the season:

1.  The 76ers will not make the playoffs.
2.  The 76ers will not come close to making the playoffs.
3.  The 76ers had better not make the playoffs, because if they do, Boston gets their first-round pick in 2015.
4.  The 76ers probably will not break their dubious record for worst record ever in a full season (9-73).
5.  The vast majority (or is it half-vast majority?) of players still will not be very good in the fundamentals of the game.
6.  Maybe 4 teams have a chance to win the championship.
7.  The top seeds will meet for the championship.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Not so much a prediction, but what I think will be fact--Gregg Popovich and the Spurs will be heard from as far as the NBA Championship is concerned. I know there are those who think--or hope--father time will catch up with the Spurs and Tim Duncan, but I won't hold out that hope....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

Not so much a prediction, but what I think will be fact--Gregg Popovich and the Spurs will be heard from as far as the NBA Championship is concerned. I know there are those who think--or hope--father time will catch up with the Spurs and Tim Duncan, but I won't hold out that hope....
Way to go out on a limb Deez!  [pie] They're probably going to the Finals again with an even stronger lineup!  Houston lost Chandler Parsons to the Mavs. Parsons, in my mind was best bench player in the NBA and will be a damn good starter.

Durant's going to miss months so OKC won't jell in time. Though improved, there's something missing on the Clippers. But they will get a booby prize for becoming LA's team. (at last)

I got a kick out of Lefty's post/diatribe about the Sixers. But he can surely take some solace from the Phils and Eagles, two teams on the move!  ;)

Offline Svengarlic

Good thing the WS game 6 is a blowout and I can watch my West team, the Rockets, make mincemeat of Koby & Kompany.  >:D

My East (and fave) team, the Bulls, go tomorrow!  :) I predict they will beat the Knicks by 30!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

My Heat open up tonight at home vs. the Wizards--should be a good barometer as far as how far they may go in the Eastern conference...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Heat looked great in their home opener--a sign of good things to come?

Offline Svengarlic

The Heat looked great in their home opener--a sign of good things to come?
Definitely Bro'....here's how I see it: Indy, Bulls, Cleveland & Miami are the 4 elite teams in the East. The Cavs will need time to Jell, but will have it all together by playoff time. To a lesser extent this applies to your Heat. If Wade somehow stays on the floor for the entire season...who knows?

The Bulls have the toughest D in the East and will emerge as the team to beat. Pau Gasol is a monster. Noah is a stabilizing presence in the paint. Jimmy Butler is the new "Glove" and the bench is DEEP. Rose staying healthy would be nice, but they can get to the Eastern finals without him.

I'm anxious to get a look at the Cavs tomorrow vs. the Bulls. I expect a sloppy game. In spite of the Bulls blowing the Knicks out, it proved nothing. It may take the entire season for NY to master the triangle. Last night they used the try angle.  :)

I'm also eager to see what Bosh unchained can do. I've heard that he was a superstar before he joined the Heat and deferred to James.

Offline Svengarlic

Watched the Le Bron James show, and the game with the visiting Knicks. After a HUGE production, the energy of the crowd, and the players, was at fever pitch by tipoff. But the Knicks are cooling them down. Trying to kick their ass. Doing well.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Just saw your post Garlic and turned to the game. Now I'm thinking, how will the Knicks blow this game...

Offline Svengarlic

Just saw your post Garlic and turned to the game. Now I'm thinking, how will the Knicks blow this game...

Offline Svengarlic

Watching Lefty's 76ers vs. my Rockets, and they are giving them all they can handle. One point game at halftime.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Heat vs. Rockets tonight--should be a good one...

Offline Svengarlic

Heat vs. Rockets tonight--should be a good one...
Only game worth watching tonight. Bosh unchained, the Beard looking great too. Pretty good chance that the Rockets won't win by double digits in  THIS one.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Dwight Howard getting a lot of easy buckets deep in the paint--Houston knocking down some 3 point shots as well...

Offline Svengarlic

Dwight Howard getting a lot of easy buckets deep in the penthousing knocking down some 3 point shots as well...
Did either team miss a shot in the 1st quarter?? Man, they were hot. I bet your ass puckered up when Wade hurt his knee...I just don't see him playing 50 games this season. Same thing goes for Rose and Noah in Chicago.

I ended up watching both games simultaneously. It was very confusing. The Lakers are 0-5. Without looking it up, I bet that's the worst start for them ever, going all the way back to when they were in Minneapolis! The Griz' and Rockets are still undefeated. Four teams are still winless.

Lefty's 76ers or the Magic will get off the schneid' tonight as they face each other.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think D-Wade will be alright for the long haul--last night was disappointing, but you can't win 'em all as Lebron and the Cavs are finding out.

How about that start for the "uncrowned" Eastern Conference champs. And I don't know if we have any Lakers fans here--but it's going to be a long season in LaLa land....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Cavs lose again--I wonder how great "home" is looking for Lebron right now...   >:D

Offline Svengarlic

Cavs lose again--I wonder how great "home" is looking for Lebron right now...   >:D
Do you know who led the team in assists with 6? The Cavs! The whole team totaled SIX! Looks like it will be months before that team jells. And out in La-La Land, Kobe must be pulling his hair out. The worst Laker team I've ever seen. He needs to get the fuck outa' there because he's too old to wait for them to get good again.

Don't be surprised if you see he and Phil Jackson get back together again in NY....soon!  ;)

Offline Lefty

Mighty close, wasn't it?  The 76ers almost did the unthinkable last night.  They don't face the Lakers until March 22nd and 30th, so that perfect matchup of zilches probably won't take place.

Offline Svengarlic

Mighty close, wasn't it?  The 76ers almost did the unthinkable last night.  They don't face the Lakers until March 22nd and 30th, so that perfect matchup of zilches probably won't take place.
LOL...let's hope not. The Rockets pulverized the Champs last night. Popovich is nuts. Sitting his two old stars 4 games into the season! The Western Conference's top 3 teams are still undefeated...amazin'! Are the Grizzlies for real?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Derrick Rose hurt again--I can't say I'm surprised. Some dudes are just injury prone, unfortunately....