Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Rare Photo Gallery

Offline Svengarlic

Several  fascinating images have been offered in the past few months. A central gallery for easy reference seems in order. May I suggest limiting dialogue unless necessary, to give a more seamless gallery look to the thread, and to let the pictures speak for themselves.

For example, in the Metropolis outtake, I'm assuming that everyone here will recognize the actress and garb. If someone does not, and are curious, then they can simply ask about it, and the thread will continue from that point.  ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I don't know if this qualifies as rare, but it's a pic from The Ghost of Frankenstein I had never seen before...

And...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A closeup of the wax dummy that substituted for Bela in Dracula's Daughter...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

The guy has an amazingly huge discography that is quite intimidating.  I do own FREAK OUT and APOSTROPHE and enjoy them, but talk about a guy who could use a career spanning box set.  With his catalog, a sampler like that can serve as a wonderful way to decide which eras to explore further.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of this guy in interviews, and I must say, almost more than any  other rock star, I love the way he thinks.  He seemed like a very intelligent man.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Very nice, Sig. I thought I had seen EVERY photo of MM ever published, but I never saw this one.  ;)

Offline metaldams

Groucho actually played bass on A NIGHT AT THE OPERA and A DAY AT THE RACES. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

I'm wondering if the photo with Alice C. had anything to do with that renovation of the Hollywood sign?

Offline metaldams

Offline Signor Spumoni

This story was new to me, a lifelong Grouchophile.   I loved it, especially the Vaudeville comparisons.  Thanks, Metaldams.

Offline Svengarlic

I had trouble loading the link, but the 3rd time was a charm. Extremely interesting article! Groucho a free thinking, live and let live guy 'till the end.  ;)