Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Tall Women of Hollywood Today

Offline Svengarlic

Like Metaldams, I have a fascination for tall chicks. That may be because all of my girlfriends and wives were 5' 3".  :-\  Just for the hell of it, let's have a look.

But first, the tallest actress of the Silver Screen era, coming in an inch taller than 5' 8" Esther Williams.

Ingrid Bergman tooked great pains to not be photographed standing with short men. That's Leslie Howard in the candid shot.

The five foot, ten inch club

Charlize Theron

Daughter of Aerosmith's Steven, Liv Tyler

That pretty Julia Roberts woman

Khloe, the only Kardashian with an IQ over 100, and the most curvaceous of the tall women

The five foot, eleven inch club

Nicole Kidman, possibly the least self conscience of the tallies, wears the highest heels she can find and loves to be shot with short men. That's Naomi Watts, the latest Ann Darrow.

Brook Shields

The six foot club

Geena Davis

Jane Lynch

Sigorny Weaver

Six feet, one inch tall and beyond

You might recognize this Amazon from the rear  :)

Kindness prevents me from showing recent photos of Brigitte

Uma Thurman

And last but not least, these gunboats are the biggest in Hollywood. Shoe size 11

Famke Jannssen, best known for her role in the X-Men movies. Unlike Kidman, she's extremely self conscience about her height. She's never caught dead in high heels and only admits to 5' 11" (yeah right)

Offline metaldams

I don't have much time to post now, but when I get home tomorrow...to quote Miss Piggy on this thread, "Yippy skippy!"
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Well, the tall women thing ain't for every guy, especially when you're only 5'8" like me, but I've never let that stop me.  Just the way I'm wired.

You chose some good ones, Svengarlic.  I'll post two, one from old Hollywood, and one from modern sports.

The first is The Three Stooges own Barbara Slater, and the second is tennis star Maria Sharapova, arguably the most beautiful woman on the planet.  Enjoy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Svengarlic

Do you guys know how tall Slater and Vallone were?

All this talk about tall gals piqued my curiosity, so I went hunting for more. I found several items, most involving pituitary cases; the big brow'd, deep voiced types. But a couple of lovely examples I offer for your perusal.

The first is a 6'5" blonde that I remembered seeing on Maury Povich years ago. (when I could still stomach the show) Hubba hubba! In my opinion she's hotter than Brigette Nielson. Just as pretty, with better legs and no ridiculous fake boobs.

The second is a beautiful Brazilian teen that could one day be a mind bender when she fills out. But good god! She's just too tall for me! I'd feel like an idiot walking next to her.

The Blonde: When Maurey, who is about my height stands next to her I can visualize myself with such a chick. (i can dream, dammit!)

The Brazilian: About 20 seconds in, a little alert appears where you can click to get English, if you don't speak Por'digee.  ;)

Offline Svengarlic

I don't know how I could have forgotten to include this six footer! I actually watched that silly TV series because of her.

Offline metaldams

All this talk about tall gals piqued my curiosity, so I went hunting for more. I found several items, most involving pituitary cases; the big brow'd, deep voiced types. But a couple of lovely examples I offer for your perusal.

The first is a 6'5" blonde that I remembered seeing on Maury Povich years ago. (when I could still stomach the show) Hubba hubba! In my opinion she's hotter than Brigette Nielson. Just as pretty, with better legs and no ridiculous fake boobs.

The second is a beautiful Brazilian teen that could one day be a mind bender when she fills out. But good god! She's just too tall for me! I'd feel like an idiot walking next to her.

The Blonde: When Maurey, who is about my height stands next to her I can visualize myself with such a chick. (i can dream, dammit!)

The Brazilian: About 20 seconds in, a little alert appears where you can click to get English, if you don't speak Por'digee.  ;)

No clue about Slater and Vallone.

6'3" is about my limit, or thereabouts.  Beyond that is NBA level.  As far reasons, I'd imagine it's an individual case basis.  If you have two tall parents, a tall girl makes sense.  If your parents are Bernard Gorcey and Daphne Pollard and Maria Sharapova pops out, there's probably some issues.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Listed at 5'11", a tad taller than I am, the best Catwoman of them all.

Offline Svengarlic

Listed at 5'11", a tad taller than I am, the best Catwoman of them all.
Allow me to post my favorite shot of Newmar, a near perfect specimen of extra large female pulchritude. (I don't know why I said "near" 'cause there ain't a flaw on her)

I don't know how I could have forgotten these two. Big sis was six even, baby sis a mere '5 11"

The Hemingway sisters

Offline Svengarlic

Thanks for the drop, Sig. Very interesting. One thing: If that chick only weighs 200 lbs, then I must weigh 50!

I'm wondering what kind of man would want all that tonnage on him??? The broad is gross!   [pie]

Offline metaldams

Of possible interest, from The Daily Mail Online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2795406/i-earn-thousands-dwarfing-men-meet-6ft-8in-brazilian-model-escaped-poverty-squashing-wrestling-petite-fans.html

There are guys who are turned on by the domination thing, including a good friend of mine, but I'm not one of them, even if it involves a taller woman.  Also 6'8", like I stated before, is too tall even for me.

But hey, different strokes for different folks, as long as you're not harming anyone else, I say,
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Allow me to post my favorite shot of Newmar, a near perfect specimen of extra large female pulchritude. (I don't know why I said "near" 'cause there ain't a flaw on her)

Forgot to say.....wow!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Further investigation has proved fruitful. Gabrielle Reese, who I remember from Gattica is a whopping 6'3"!

She also knocks beanpole Famke Jansen out of 1st place in shoe size by half an inch. (11 and a half)

Gabby's pretty shapely for her height and the most beautiful woman I've ever seen from Jamaica!

Aisha Tyler who I first saw as the host of Talk Soup is 6' even.

Kristen Johnston, who I remember from Third Rock From the Sun is also 6' even

This one was a complete surprise from an earlier era, equaling Ingrid Bergman's 5' 10"

It's Liz Sheridan!

Offline Svengarlic

The Tweed sisters, both 6 even

Remember Susan Anton? 5' 11 1/2"

Offline Signor Spumoni

Actress Sydney Poitier, shown with her father, is listed in various places as 5' 91/2" - 5' 11".

Offline Signor Spumoni

The late model and actress Tamara Dobson is probably best remembered for her title role in the movie, "Cleopatra Jones."  She stood 6' 2".

Offline Svengarlic

Sydney was a good one... I wondered if I had seen her in anything, and a search revealed that she was the "Jungle Julia" chick in that Grindhouse movie!

I remember her mother, Joanna Shimkus, from a '70s flick where Poitier played a gangster. (badly)

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Barbara was 5'11", per the IMDb. Not sure what they got that, though.

But I think you guys are all forgetting about a fellow Stooges alumnus, a certain beauty whose height has been reported from 6'2" to 6'4"...
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

I'll take a wild stab and guess the actress who helped the stooges ( one way or another ) into their berth in Pain in the Pullman.