Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Supporting Players

Poll

Having Viewed "Blunder Boys" (1955), Would You Prefer to Have Seen Supporting-Actor Kenneth MacDonald Play More Non-Villainous Roles?

Yes
2 (28.6%)
No
4 (57.1%)
I like him both ways!
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Offline Hammond Eggar

For my money, nobody played a villain in a Stooges film better than Kenneth MacDonald.  Having said that, though, it would have been nice to see him play a good-guy a little more often.  "Blunder Boys" stands as the only example of this side of his acting ability.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Baggie

Wrinkly Ken was a great supporting player all round, but I definately liked him better as a villain. As a good guy he didn't really stand out much (except for the wrinkles), but he was one of the best bad guys the Stooges had. (In fact at this moment I can't recall another regular villain in the shorts.)
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Hammond Eggar

What about Harold Brauer?  He was a great villain/foil for the Stooges.  Some of his highlights include "Three Loan Wolves," "Fright Night" and "Sing a Song of Six Pants."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 12:41:41 PM by Hammond Eggar »
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline mmacdonald

Hi, I couldn't find another thread to post my question on...  Kenneth MacDonald is my grandfather and I am starting some genealogy research. I was wondering what sources were used for the biographical information on him for this website.  Thanks much, Meg

Offline locoboymakesgood

Hi, I couldn't find another thread to post my question on...  Kenneth MacDonald is my grandfather and I am starting some genealogy research. I was wondering what sources were used for the biographical information on him for this website.  Thanks much, Meg
Wow, that's unbelievable. Your grandfather was a genius - always one of my favorite Stooge supporting actors.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline mmacdonald

Wow, that's unbelievable. Your grandfather was a genius - always one of my favorite Stooge supporting actors.

My folks tell me he was an interesting fellow. I was too young to remember meeting him, but I have seen all of the Perry Masons he was on-plus some Stooge episodes.  My family has a collection of movies for viewing pleasure:) I'll pass on your compliments to my family. Thanks!

Offline nonsportsnut

Various sources...

- Past issues of The Three Stooges Journal, which have included biographical contributions from Ed Shifres and Bill Cappello.

- The Columbia Comedy Shorts by Ted Okuda and Ed Watz; see this site's Bibliography for more info on this book.

Feel free to PM me. Currently in Los Angeles with 'garystooge' and 'BeAStooge', and we are working on various Three Stooges related research projects, including costar information. We can look for additional Kenneth MacDonald information; is there any specific data you need?
Frank Reighter

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead

I provided much of the biographical information on the supporting players, including your grandfather.  Much of my research came from U.S Census research, along with California death records.  I subscribe to Ancestry.com, a very pricey website, but worth it for avid genealogists like myself.  I haven't done much work on the Dollins family (I've worked mostly on my own family, and I've assisted Bill Telfer on researching Christine McIntyre's family), but two good resources are the LDS website and Cyndi's List, the latter being a comprehensive listing of genealogy websites.
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline FineBari3

Nice to see you posting on the group, Meg!

How wonderful it must be to have Kenneth as your Pap-Pap!  Were you young enough to have known him?

Are you a Stooges fan as well???
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline mmacdonald

Thank you so much for the sources. I'll start digging into them.  For now, I am attempting to get a better understanding of his roots, as well as my mother's side of the family. 

Ancestry.com is my next stop on the family tree search.  Thank you for the heads up on the websites. 

As far as meeting him, I was about 11 months old when he passed away, so I don't remember him at all!  It's nice to have his career so well documented . I can find out much more looking at his life as a whole. 

I am not a Stooge fan, but I have a feeling I will become one as I learn more about Mac.  Thanks again for the sources. If I run across anything interesting, I'll let ya'll know:)

Meg

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Kenneth McDonald makes an excellent foil for the Stooges. His bit in Blunder Boys was very short anyway.  I saw a mid 60's appearance of him on a Voyage to the bottom of the sea episode. He played a strange doctor and at first they just had his voice talking.  I knew the voice right away and then they showed him. He looked a bit older but there was no mistaking it was him.

His villian roles in Stooge comedies are always top rate. That is definately the way i prefer to see him. Hey mmacdonald, nice to see you here. Everyone is right, your grandfather was an excellent actor and comic genius.

Robin