Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Context to This Stooge Photo?

Offline locoboymakesgood

I found this on a meme website. The poster said he found it among his father's things and claims it's his grandmother in the photo.

Does anyone have any context? Where was it taken, or is the woman with them famous?

"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline garystooge

It's one of a series of publicity shots taken Dec.17, 1950 in connection with the Stooges appearance at the Oriental Theater in Chicago.
Gary

Offline Svengarlic

This one's a head scratcher too. Judging by the piano in the background it's a movie set. But clicking on "Search Google for image" got me nowhere.  :-\

ThumpTheShoes

This one's a head scratcher too. Judging by the piano in the background it's a movie set. But clicking on "Search Google for image" got me nowhere.  :-\

That's part of the famous deleted scene from Dancing Lady, isn't it? It's the puzzle that is revealed to be a picture of Hitler.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Svengarlic

That's part of the famous deleted scene from Dancing Lady, isn't it? It's the puzzle that is revealed to be a picture of Hitler.
Very interesting. Especially the Hitler info. Perhaps the puzzle scene was considered....too controversial?

Offline middlenamewayne

My old friend Doug Hazlewood (Superman artist and toy collector) just posted this Moe-rbid Halloween treat! My questions about it are:

Had the Stooges' career gone "flat" at this point? And is Moe's mouth *supposed* to look like a sex doll's?
Also, does this indicate that Larry & Curly Joe are Moe's "breast" friends? Or just booby dupes?

-- mnw