Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I imagine there may be a shitstorm coming if somebody in this putrid NFC South goes 6-10 and still makes the playoffs--whereas some team with 10 or more wins will get squeezed out because they didn't clinch a division. More fuel to the fire--at least, for those who want to see the NFL alter their playoff format...

:-\
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It looks like the honeymoon in D.C. between RGIII and the Redskins is over. I know Griffin hasn't been remotely close to being the player that he was back in 2012--ever since he went down on the turf in that playoff game vs. Seattle, things have been all downhill....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
It's time for this week's episode of "Opposite World"!!!

DET def CHI
DAL def PHI
SF def SEA
IND def WSH
HOU def TEN
BUF def CLE
BAL def SD
NYG def JAX
CIN def TB
STL def OAK
PIT def NO
MIN def CAR
ARI def ATL
NE def GB
KC def DEN (I know so many "experts" claim DEN will hand KC's butts to them because of the OAK loss, but all the KC and DEN insiders say KC didn't really prep for that game; add in the Eric Berry situation, and you have DEN sitting in a pretty precarious position)
MIA def NYJ
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Don't know if anyone outside of the Philly area had this upset special in the making--Mark Sanchez is looking like Montana vs. that Dallas defense so far...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Nothing but Eagles domination today--Lefty must be having a very happy Thanksgiving...   :D

Offline Lefty

It's time for this week's episode of "Opposite World"!!!

DET def CHI
DAL def PHI
SF def SEA
IND def WSH
HOU def TEN
BUF def CLE
BAL def SD
NYG def JAX
CIN def TB
STL def OAK
PIT def NO
MIN def CAR
ARI def ATL
NE def GB
KC def DEN (I know so many "experts" claim DEN will hand KC's butts to them because of the OAK loss, but all the KC and DEN insiders say KC didn't really prep for that game; add in the Eric Berry situation, and you have DEN sitting in a pretty precarious position)
MIA def NYJ

1 out of 3 ain't bad for a batting average!  Hope you're right about NE!

Offline Lefty

Nothing but Eagles domination today--Lefty must be having a very happy Thanksgiving...   :D

Soitenly!  Now for the important stuff:  I want the Flyers to beat the Rangers today and tomorrow -- can I help it if I'm greedy?   ;D

FYI, the Eagles are now 6-0 all-time on Thanksgiving Day -- 2 wins on the 23rd, 2 on the 27th, 2 on the 28th.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I was just thinking--it's amazing what some sports are willing to forgive--or in some cases, not forgive--Ray Rice batters his girlfriend (now his wife) and will get a second opportunity at employment; but on the other hand, a guy named Pete Rose betted on some games and is banned for life? How the hell does that work...

???

Offline Shemp_Diesel

What in the hell are Svengarlic's Cards doing--down 17-0 to the Falcons??  ??? Just checked the score again--they have a touchdown now....  ::)

Offline JazzBill

I was just thinking--it's amazing what some sports are willing to forgive--or in some cases, not forgive--Ray Rice batters his girlfriend (now his wife) and will get a second opportunity at employment; but on the other hand, a guy named Pete Rose betted on some games and is banned for life? How the hell does that work...

???
If he would have battered his bookie he would have been fine.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So far, Brady vs. Rodgers is living up to the hype...   [cool]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Rodgers trumps Brady. Woo-hoo!!! 

Offline JazzBill

So far, Brady vs. Rodgers is living up to the hype...   [cool]
I know this sounds odd coming from a guy in Chicago but I'm glad to see the Packers win. I can't stand Brady.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wow, talk about highs and lows--the high being the great game between the Pats and Packers. The low being that turd that was on last night between the Jets and Dolphins--how the hell do the Jets keep getting these nationally televised games? 

:-\

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Time for my embarrassment:

CIN def PIT
STL def WSH
NYG def TEN
NO def CAR
MIN def NYJ
MIA def BAL
CLE def IND
DET def TB
HOU def JAX
DEN def BUF
ARI def KC
PHI def SEA
SF def OAK
NE def SD
GB def ATL
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A lot of good games on the slate this week--I'm wondering if the Cards can bounce back after dealing with some adversity the past few weeks...

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
It was embarrassing, see!

ARI def STL
ATL def PIT
NYG def WSH
NE def MIA (unfortunately killing MIA's playoff hopes as MIA got probably the WORST sched in the league and actually excelled were it not for some questionable officiating)
KC def OAK
IND def HOU
BAL def JAX
GB def BUF
CAR def TB
CIN def CLE (with Johnny Hack-ball starting, easy CIN win)
NYJ def TEN (worst game of the year to date)
DEN def SD
SEA def SF (what a waste of a 4:25 game)
DET def MIN (what a bigger waste of a 4:25 game)
PHI def DAL (fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me)
CHI def NO (going for the upset!)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm thinking--or more like hoping--Dallas will beat Philly Sunday (sorry Lefty). I just refuse to believe Mark Sanchez was as good as he was on Thanksgiving or that Dallas is that bad. We shall see Sunday Night...

Offline Lefty

The Eagles' game is not on Fox at 4:25, so they have a chance to win.  Unfortunately, I still expect sabotoogie as it's Dallas' turn to win the division.

This date in the NFL:  12/14/86 -- The Eagles beat Dallas at Texas Stadium 23-21 to drop the Cowboys to 7-8, knocking them out of playoff contention and ending their 20-year streak of winning seasons.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Johnny Football was Johnny Shitfest today...

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Another week of masochistic behavior on my part...

JAX def TEN
PHI def WAS
SD def SF (hard to tell who sucks worse right now)
CAR def CLE (if Hoyer starts, I'll reconsider)
DET def CHI
BAL def HOU
MIA def MIN
NO def ATL
NE def NYJ
PIT def KC (KC legitimately sucks, and now they are on the road against the only team I have never seen them win against in 10+ years of watching football)
GB def TB
STL def NYG
IND def DAL
BUF def OAK
ARI def SEA (I like ARI's D better than SEA's, which has proven to be very weak away from home)
DEN rout CIN (CIN has got to be the worst "national game" team in all four major sports)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This Eagles/Skins game has been better than I'm sure a lot of folks (like myself) were expecting--and probably to the chagrin of Lefty. If the Skins pull off this upset, then it's bye bye Eagles as far as the playoffs are concerned....

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Changed my mind on Chargers-49ers... I trust SF less than SD.

Skins are making me happy!  Even if they lose they contended the whole way!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Lefty

One of these millennia I am going to find a way to bet on the No Fun League as I always seem to know what's going to happen involving the Eagles or the bad guys.  I knew that the Giants would beat New England in the Super Bowls (and will probably do so next year after winning the NFC Least with 9 or 10 victories), and I stated long ago that Dallas would win the division this year.  After they do tonight, I will not watch a single moment of football until next fall at the earliest.  Maybe Vince McMahon does own the NFL.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Can the Cowboys handle prosperity? The Eagles have basically served them the division title on a platter, so today means they will probably screw it up and lose to the Colts--at least, that's what you would expect from the Cowpokes in the recent past.

Are these Cowboys different--we shall find out later today....