Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Lefty

No one ever said that there was any intelligent life on Planet NFL -- or Planet NBA.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Watching Dolphins/Bears--don't have to worry about the Steelers getting embarrassed until tomorrow night.   ::)
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline vomit

Some chick is suing Jerry Jones for grabbing her twat years ago. Hoo-boy.

Caught with his pants down

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24703280/jerry-jones-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-lawsuit-related-to-racy-photos

Pretty sure that lawsuit was dismissed.  All sorts of allegations with ol' JJsupposedly paying "hush money"......sordid.  This first broke in August.  Than with the Ray Rice & AP thing blowing up....it kind of faded away.

Honestly I was hoping that it would lead to JJ's wife divorcing him.....forcing him to sell the team.

A felllow can dream, can't he?

Go Dallas!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Svengarlic

As I type, the Skins are trying to pass the Titans with a minute left. They would have beaten the Cardinals last week if they had not committed 4 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Offline Svengarlic

Pretty sure that lawsuit was dismissed.  All sorts of allegations with ol' JJsupposedly paying "hush money"......sordid.  This first broke in August.  Than with the Ray Rice & AP thing blowing up....it kind of faded away.

Honestly I was hoping that it would lead to JJ's wife divorcing him.....forcing him to sell the team.

A felllow can dream, can't he?

Go Dallas!

According to the link it's alive and kicking....like the Cowboys!  :)

Speaking of the 'Boys, I'm hoping that the Giants can gain some comeuppance with a beatdown this afternoon. Manning needs to wake the fuck up.

Offline Svengarlic

OMG! The Rams beat the Seahawks?!! I didn't watch the game, but Boomer says Seattle was fucked on a fumble call in the 4th. But WTF were they still doing in the game to even have a chance to win it?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Super Bowl hangover perhaps? That's what happens when you're the defending champs--it seems like every team is going to give you their best shot. And Seattle was vulnerable on the road last year, so this loss shouldn't be a total shock.

Cowboys up 7-0--still early, of course, so still plenty of time for Eli to either wake up or throw 3 Ints...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Hmmm, maybe this is the Cowboys being hungover from that big win over Seattle?

Offline Svengarlic

Hmmm, maybe this is the Cowboys being hungover from that big win over Seattle?
LOL...I think so!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Tie ballgame--these divisional games always seem to be hell, no matter who the favorite is...

Offline Svengarlic

Tie ballgame--these divisional games always seem to be hell, no matter who the favorite is...
Yup. The Cards jump out on the Raiders like you would expect after their terrible 0-5 start, and now it's 14-10. My god, if we lose to these bums....well, just don't fucking lose to these bums!  >:(

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I've just tuned into some of the Chiefs/Chargers game. I'm hoping for the sake of my football pool picks the Chargers, Cardinals and Cowboys can come away with a win today...

Offline Svengarlic

I've just tuned into some of the Chiefs/Chargers game. I'm hoping for the sake of my football pool picks the Chargers, Cardinals and Cowboys can come away with a win today...
Two out of three ain't bad. The late game is pretty important to me. The Bronc's appear to have the situation well in hand. I don't remember EVER when the Cards were 2 games ahead in the division at this point in the season. I'm on the verge of letting myself enjoy a little hope....know the feeling?

Offline vomit

Two out of three ain't bad. The late game is pretty important to me. The Bronc's appear to have the situation well in hand. I don't remember EVER when the Cards were 2 games ahead in the division at this point in the season. I'm on the verge of letting myself enjoy a little hope....know the feeling?

I do.  As a disillusioned Cowboys fan, I am not sure what to make of the 6-1 start.  I sure as heck don't want to credit Jones.  The last three drafts on O-line make great sense now.  I just hope they don't melt down....as in years past.  And I have to say Marinelli & Linehan are doing great jobs of coaching in their respective areas.

Go Dallas!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Svengarlic

Vomit, in regard to the Boys, it's amazing what a team can do when they develop a running game.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

No World Series tonight--so I can devote all my attention to the Chargers/Broncos. Would not be surprised if the Chargers went into Denver and stole one--although, there are some who think the SuperChargers might've been looking ahead this past Sunday when they were playing the Chiefs.

Of course, with the game being in Denver, there's always the possibility Manning will carve up yet another NFL defense. It has me thinking that Peyton will get that elusive 2nd Lombardi trophy come this February. We shall see....

Offline Svengarlic

I just checked the schedule and learned that the Cards play Philly this weekend. I'm stoked! Both 5-1, I would venture to guess that has NEVER happened before, even when the Cards were in St. Louis or Chicago. Lefty beware!  >:D

Offline vomit

Vomit, in regard to the Boys, it's amazing what a team can do when they develop a running game.

Hmmm.  Demarco has averaged 5 yds a carry since coming into the NFL.  But the 'Boys have (in the past) abandoned the run game when it was slowed....or when they got one score down.  Heck, last season they were punishing Green Bay in the 1st half...running the ball....and were up something like 23-3 at half.  Then, they abandoned the run and lost.

O-line and coaching is the story here.  I give a a lot of credit to Linehan & Marinelli for coaching these guys up.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It feels kind of weird, having NFL action on this early in the morning....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wow, what looked like another dud London game, became pretty exciting towards the finish. Lions win with late FG--making me a winner in my football pool... 

Offline Svengarlic

Wow, what looked like another dud London game, became pretty exciting towards the finish. Lions win with late FG--making me a winner in my football pool... 

Yeah, and the WAY that they won it! Down 21 and come back with a chance to win it in the final seconds. MISS the field goal, get to re-try from 5 yrds further out and make it. Too bad the game wasn't in Detroit.

And the Bears getting crucified in the 1st half, Pats score 30 already!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I feel bad for anyone who thought the Bears had a shot at an upset today...   ::)

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I'm too busy enjoying the game in KC right now.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Geno Smith stunk up the joint so bad in the 1st quarter, the Jets had to put 77 year old Mike Vick in the game....