Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Squirrelbait

It all begins tomorrow night in Seattle! Here's the place to discuss anything and everything going on in the world of football.

I'll start it off by giving you my picks for Week 1

Packers VS Seahawks - SEAHAWKS
Saints VS Falcons - SAINTS
Bengals VS Ravens - BENGALS
Bills VS Bears - BEARS
Redskins VS Texans - TEXANS
Titans VS Chiefs - CHIEFS
Patriots VS Dolphins - PATRIOTS
Raiders VS Jets - RAIDERS
Jaguars VS Eagles - EAGLES
Browns VS Steelers - STEELERS
Vikings VS Rams - RAMS
49ers VS Cowboys - 49ERS
Panthers VS Bucs - PANTHERS
Giants VS Lions - GIANTS
Chargers VS Cardinals - CARDINALS
Colts VS Broncos - COLTS

Enjoy the season, everybody!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline JazzBill

Packers VS Seahawks - SEAHAWKS
Saints VS Falcons - SAINTS
Bengals VS Ravens - BENGALS
Bills VS Bears - BEARS
Washington VS Texans - WASHINGTON
Titans VS Chiefs - CHIEFS
Patriots VS Dolphins - PATRIOTS
Raiders VS Jets - JETS
Jaguars VS Eagles - EAGLES
Browns VS Steelers - STEELERS
Vikings VS Rams - RAMS
49ers VS Cowboys - 49ERS
Panthers VS Bucs - PANTHERS
Giants VS Lions - LIONS
Chargers VS Cardinals - CARDINALS
Colts VS Broncos - BRONCOS
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

What a way to kick off the season, with the World Champs and a possible Super Bowl contender in Green Bay--I don't know which way to go with that one... I'll just enjoy the game later on tonight....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

I'm in! But I want to warn you guys: I'm an Arizona fan and will be bad mouthing everybody else all season! I like that you two picked the Cardinals over the Chargers. I'm not sure what you know that I don't, but I like it.

I hate the Steelers for that Superbowl win, and I hate the Pats (for cheating better than us)

By the way, can I know who you fella's pull for?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Steelers fan here, so I guess we might have some stuff to talk about Svengarlic...   :D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

Steelers fan here, so I guess we might have some stuff to talk about Svengarlic...   :D
Let's start with this: How's Big Ben doing? Is he ready play at full strength? Are there any good receivers? Who'll be the MAN in the backfield?

BTW, to be honest, I was more disgusted with the Cardinals than I was with the Steelers. First there was that big ass'd dude that picked up the fumble and went rumblin' and stumblin' 250 yards to the end zone while his blockers flicked Cardinals away like fleas.

Later it was Fitzgerald, a smart, gifted player that took the ball into the end zone leaving a  minute plus on the clock. I screamed at the TV!!! Take a knee on the one, Larry!!!

As you can see, that game is burned into my brain.  :-[

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Hmmm, unless I missed something, the NFL hasn't actually whacked Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount for their marijuana bust that happened a few weeks back. By all indications, Tomlin is going to use both at running back for the season opener against the Browns.

Receiving core is a bit questionable--I believe Big Ben's best option at receiving the ball will be the TE Heath Miller. And as far as I know, Big Ben is ready to go for Sunday...

Offline Svengarlic

I wonder if Johnny football will see any action.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I wonder if Johnny football will see any action.

I guess that all depends on whether or not Brian Hoyer stinks it up Sunday and if the Steelers defense can get back to resembling the "Steel Curtain" of years gone by. I sure hope so...

Offline Squirrelbait

What a way to kick off the season, with the World Champs and a possible Super Bowl contender in Green Bay--I don't know which way to go with that one... I'll just enjoy the game later on tonight....

What a game. The Seahawks were dominant all night, and truly looked like World Champions. In my opinion, they are the best team in the league.

Actually, I am a Packers fan, and they certainly didn't look like contenders tonight. Even if they do alright for the rest of the season, they always find a way to choke in the playoffs.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It's hard for me to imagine anyone beating Seattle at home--on the road may be a different story, but if the road to the Super Bowl has to go through Seattle again, then you might as well cancel the NFC portion of the playoffs, because the Seahawks are automatic...

Offline Svengarlic

If memory serves, The Big Red gave those Seahawks a run for their money last year, but fell short. As Superbowl champs, you know that the opposition will be at a fever pitch when they go to Seattle. I see them losing 2, maybe 3 games there this season. (Remember the Ravens?)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Steelers had a 27-3 lead and barely escape with their ass today. Troubling signs of things to come for this season. I guess I'll have my answer after the Ravens game--those Steelers/Ravens tilts are always brutal...

Offline Svengarlic

Watching the Colts/Broncos. Not very competitive. (it's halftime)

I'm borderline giddy that Ariz. will be on Monday Night Football, and I better enjoy it because they might not air another Cardinal game all season.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think Sunday taught me more than anything, that defense has become a dirty word in the NFL. Maybe the defenses around the league will catch up with the O as the season progresses--but for the most part, team defense is horrendous....

Offline JazzBill

I'm glad I wasn't in any confidence pools this week, I would have taken a beating. ;D

Offline JazzBill

Detroit looked good last night.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Detroit looked good last night.

Yep, although I would point out that they were playing the lowly Giants. Next week on the road at Carolina should be a much stiffer test for them....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Some hard hitting early on in this Steelers/Ravens game--no shock there....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Who can figure out this league--Saints go down to the Browns (What!!!)...  RGIII depending on how serious his injury is, may have lost his starting job anyway to Kirk Cousins.  Falcons lay an egg on the road--I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I picked them in the NFL pool I participate in...   ::)

Offline JazzBill

Gotta love the Jets. What a train wreck of a game.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I went to bed last night after the Niners jumped on the Bears 17-0, thinking it was going to be a blowout, then wake up to find out San Fran actually got beat. Another one of my picks down the toilet.

And Seattle appears to be very mortal on the road, away from that nuthouse in Seattle....

Offline JazzBill

I went to bed last night after the Niners jumped on the Bears 17-0, thinking it was going to be a blowout, then wake up to find out San Fran actually got beat.
Who saw that coming? I sure didn't. It's been a crazy first 2 weeks.

Offline Lefty

The Eagles are 2-0 in the NFC Least.  Wake me in February.    :D