Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Eagles are 2-0 in the NFC Least.  Wake me in February.    :D

Heh, I don't know if the Eagles should feel good about winning that division or not. Clearly--unless something drastic happens--they will run away with the Least; the question is, how far do they go in January?
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Lefty

Heh, I don't know if the Eagles should feel good about winning that division or not. Clearly--unless something drastic happens--they will run away with the Least; the question is, how far do they go in January?

One can dream, eh?  And the answer is, probably as far as they did last year, or maybe one playoff win.

The Giants must have lost Sunday, as I heard nary a peep from their fans at work on Monday -- same for the Yankees.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This week's Thursday Night football barely rates as a game so far--no reason not to turn to baseball later on. I believe King Felix is pitching tonight--probably will be better than watching the Bucs get embarrassed....  :(
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
That game last night was a farce.

Here I am... a Redskins fan... abuse me; that goes especially for YOU Lefty.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Seeing as how my Steelers won't get stomped until tonight, I guess I'll watch the Packers and Lions at 1pm. That could be a game where defense is non-existent today...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Speaking of no defense, how about that Skins/Eagles game. Eagles are very fortunate to be 3-0 with that sorry ass D--but I'm sure Lefty will take it any way he can get it.  :D

Offline Lefty

Speaking of no defense, how about that Skins/Eagles game. Eagles are very fortunate to be 3-0 with that sorry ass D--but I'm sure Lefty will take it any way he can get it.  :D

Soitenly!  But a loss wouldn't have been so bad had it meant the end of the career of that egg-suckin' dog DeSchmuck, who should have been given a penalty for two-handing an Eagle in the face early on.  And just think -- I dislike the Deadskins less than the Cowchips or the Gnats, the latter of which is most disliked due to the nimrods at work who like them (and the Skankees, and the Devil Dogs).

Offline Svengarlic

How much would you have won from your bookie if you bet a 3 week, 3 team parlay on Cincy, Phillie and 'Zona at the start of the season? Which one's will lose this week?

Edit: I see that only Phillie plays this week. A chance to be 4 and 0 for the first time since....?

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Washington REDSKINS (take that Senate) @ New York Giants: who sucks more?
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Svengarlic

Washington REDSKINS (take that Senate) @ New York Giants: who sucks more?
If RG III is hurt, then it's them. Is he?

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
If RGIII is still hurt, then the 'Skins chances of winning go up astronomically.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Bob Griffin is definitely out for this game--not sure if he's done for the rest of the season, but the Skins offense has looked good with Kirk Cousins--albeit against some suspect defenses.

I just hope tonight's game is better than the crapfest from last week...

:P

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Steelers, unreal--and not in a good way....  [cry]

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Was that beautiful Monday night or what?!  Love seeing Brady get sent to the bench because he was sucking out the joint.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Svengarlic

The Steelers, unreal--and not in a good way....  [cry]
Tough week for the Steeltown. Good week for KC...probably the best since 1985.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, Aaron Rodgers appears to have regained his MVP-caliber form--amidst the shitfest that continues to be Thursday Night Football.

Squirrelbait must be happy though...   ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It seems like you can always count on the Cincinnati Bungles to melt in a big game situation. And likewise, you should never count out the Patriots--not as long as Brady and Belichick are around....

Offline Svengarlic

It seems like you can always count on the Cincinnati Bungles to melt in a big game situation. And likewise, you should never count out the Patriots--not as long as Brady and Belichick are around....
Brady and Belichick? Who are these names you speak of? ??? Well, Manning schooled the Cardinals. They're good on D, but bad on O. It's gonna be another frustrating season for me.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Peyton Manning and the Broncos can make anybody look bad. The Cards will be fine I think--Arians is a good coach and you're still missing Carson Palmer.

Btw, is there any reason to watch football tonight? Seattle should paste the Skins...

Offline vomit

Who are these 4-1 Dallas Cowboys?

A team that blows out the Saints?

Or the team that barely squeezes past St. Louis?

...or the team that shot itself in the foot against The Niners?

Don't know.....and I am not buying JJ's koolaid.  Nor do I trust Garrett.  It is refreshing to see a commitment to the run.....and a dominant O-line.  Reminds me of the good ol' Days. 

I am NOT a believer yet.  If this team can go up to Seattle next week and compete, I will start believing.

Until than, this "team" is still more than likely 8-8 or worse.

Cmon Dallas, don't let me down!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Svengarlic

Who are these 4-1 Dallas Cowboys?

A team that blows out the Saints?

Or the team that barely squeezes past St. Louis?

...or the team that shot itself in the foot against The Niners?

Don't know.....and I am not buying JJ's koolaid.  Nor do I trust Garrett.  It is refreshing to see a commitment to the run.....and a dominant O-line.  Reminds me of the good ol' Days. 

I am NOT a believer yet.  If this team can go up to Seattle next week and compete, I will start believing.

Until than, this "team" is still more than likely 8-8 or worse.

Cmon Dallas, don't let me down!
Like the sunrise, for years we could count on Romo to blow up in the 4th quarter. There must be a crack in the universe because it looks like reviled Boys of Cow from Dallas, Texas will finish 9-7, or dare I say say 10-6? The evil franchise has either paid it's penance, or Jerry Jones has finally sold something.....his soul to the devil. I predict a good showing in Seattle. Perhaps even a (gulp) victory.  ;)

Offline vomit

Like the sunrise, for years we could count on Romo to blow up in the 4th quarter.

Yep. Romo has blown a few....and I'm not gonna defend some of his boneheaded mistakes....but he has been pretty good overall.  With 21 4th quarter comebacks and 25 game winning drives.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RomoTo00

There must be a crack in the universe because it looks like reviled Boys of Cow from Dallas, Texas will finish 9-7, or dare I say say 10-6? The evil franchise has either paid it's penance, or Jerry Jones has finally sold something.....his soul to the devil. I predict a good showing in Seattle. Perhaps even a (gulp) victory.  ;)

Well we know it wasn't his soul......since he doesn't have one.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Svengarlic

Yep. Romo has blown a few....and I'm not gonna defend some of his boneheaded mistakes....but he has been pretty good overall.  With 21 4th quarter comebacks and 25 game winning drives.

Well we know it wasn't his soul......since he doesn't have one.
I don't know what I was thinking.

Offline vomit

I don't know what I was thinking.

There you go.

My only hope for the Cowgirls this week is that they do not embarrass me.  Keep it respectable please.  And whoever is playing the Packers....please win.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I just looked at the schedule--the Fins are hosting the Packers, so you may not get your wish vomit. I think the Dolphins will find out, playing the Packers is very different from playing the Raiders....