Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Squirrelbait

Two back-to-back primetime blowouts. Week 10 was quite the event, to say the least....

Sorry to see that Carson Palmer will be out for the rest of the season.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Lefty

I hope Lefty is watching this game.

I watched the first half instead of the first quarter (today was a work holiday).  Channel 17 (WB) brought in the ESPN feed on an 11-second delay, so I watched the first two Eagles' touchdowns both ways.  Mostly I watched it on ESPN with the sound muted and CC on so I could hear what was going on on Monday Night Raw on the other TV -- we have two sets, "side by each" as Moose Dupont always called it.  I thought the Eagles "done good," as Charlie Manuel would say.   ;D

And Cam Newton has come a long way since he was the backup goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1970s.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Lefty, I think some people are going nuts about Sanchez--apparently he's the second coming of Montana now. People can sure go nuts after one victory--even though it was the stinkin' Carolina Panthers. If Sanchez beats Aaron Rodgers next week then I'll do a prompt about face--and that's a big if....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Quiet people!  Genius at work!

MIN def CHI
CLE def HOU
SEA def KC (much as it pains me, the Chiefs lose by no more than 5 points; I hope to God I'm wrong because it would dagger KC's playoff chances... Screw it!)
KC def SEA
ATL def CAR
NO def CIN
WSH def TB (go 'Skins!)
DEN def STL (in a typical Peyton Manning "I need to pad my stats" rout)
NYG def SF
SD def OAK
PHI def GB (PHI's defense is much better, and I think Sanchez will not make any game-altering mistakes)
ARI def DET (oh, what a low-scoring defense/running slugfest!  Looks to be the best pure football game of the week)
NE def IND (I have dark comments to make about this one, but I shall keep them to myself)
PIT def TEN (what a farce!)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Squirrelbait

For what it's worth, here comes Squirrelbait's Week 11 Picks:

Atlanta Falcons vs Carolina Panthers - FALCONS
Minnesota Vikings vs Chicago Bears - BEARS
Houston Texans vs Cleveland Browns - BROWNS
Seattle Seahawks vs Kansas City Chiefs - SEAHAWKS
Cincinnati Bengals vs New Orleans Saints - SAINTS
San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - 49ERS
Denver Broncos vs Saint Louis Rams - BRONCOS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Washington Redskins - REDSKINS
Oakland Raiders vs San Diego Chargers - CHARGERS
Detroit Lions vs Arizona Cardinals - CARDINALS (Carson Palmer's great, but they'll be fine even without him)
Philadelphia Eagles vs Green Bay Packers - PACKERS
New England Patriots vs Indianapolis Colts - PATRIOTS
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tennessee Titans - STEELERS

PaulPayne, I do agree that the Cardinals/Lions matchup will be the game of the week! Great job with your picks, too!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Rams up early on the Broncos 10-0--another screwy NFL Sunday perhaps...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
This is how Denver started last week before scoring 41 unanswered points...
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Oh my gawd--that was one hell of a hit on Emmanuel Sanders....

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
The Chiefs are averaging over 10 yards per rush, so they KEEP making dumbass Alex Smith throw passes!!  Andy Reid is the biggest dumbf*ck in the world and completely obsessed with passing to the extent it cost him the game at Denver, the game at San Fran, and it may cost him today.  *tosses tinfoil hat*
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Who wants to win the sorry ass mess that is the NFC South division; 7-9 might be enough to win it--imagine the outcry if that were to happen...

:-\

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
1-4 so far in the 1:00 games... :(
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yep, I'm not doing so hot in the NFL pool I'm entered in--another wild and wacky week in the National Football League...

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm guessing Svengarlic is a bit miffed with Drew Stanton right now--I know I am...   >:(

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Cards & Bruce Arians do it again....

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Here we go!
KC def OAK
CLE def ATL
PHI def TEN
NE def DET
GB def MIN
IND def JAX
HOU def CIN
BUF def NYJ
CHI def TB
ARI def SEA
STL def SD (I know STL isn't that good, but SD seems to falling apart)
DEN def MIA
SF def WSH
DAL def NYG
BAL def NO
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline vomit

Who wants to win the sorry ass mess that is the NFC South division; 7-9 might be enough to win it--imagine the outcry if that were to happen...

:-\

Yep.  Remember a few years back the 7-9 'Hawks made it in?
Specto Caelum!

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
For me, a division title's a division title.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Squirrelbait

Well, as of tonight, the Raiders finally have their first win. Nobody goes 0-16 after all!

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
How could the Chiefs lose to those dummies?
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Lefty

Well, as of tonight, the Raiders finally have their first win. Nobody goes 0-16 after all!

Tell that to the 2008 Detroit Lions!

Offline Lefty

How could the Chiefs lose to those dummies?

Maybe because the Chiefs' coach is a bigger dummy.

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Maybe because the Chiefs' coach is a bigger dummy.

Amen, brother!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The game of the week in the NFL should be Arizona and Seattle. Can't wait....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So much for the Cards and Seahawks being the game of the week.  ::) A really good game in Denver though....