Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think the Fins can beat Detroit--but I wouldn't bet actual money on it...   ;)
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

I think the Fins can beat Detroit--but I wouldn't bet actual money on it...   ;)
Sure they can...but they won't  ;)

Bump from previous page: (I don't want Payne to miss it!)

Inspired by Paul Payne, how about we pick the winners of this week's more compelling match-ups, starting with the Thursday nite Ohio bowl. (winners in BOLD)

Cleveland@ (5-3)       
Cincinnati    (5-2-1)

Kansas City@  (5-3)   
Buffalo           (5-3)

Miami@      (5-3) I just don't think the Fish can keep it up!   
Detroit     (6-2)

San Francisco@  (4-4)   
New Orleans    (4-4)

Atlanta@       (2-6)
Tampa Bay  (1-7)

NY Giants@ (3-5) I think Eli gets it done in their house   
Seattle       (5-3)

If you have an upset pick in mind, add it! (I have none this week)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I doubt that anyone outside of the city of Cleveland had Thursday's big upset special. I'm expecting my Steelers and future Hall of Famer, Big Ben to stomp all over the Jets today--anything less would be uncivilized...    [cool]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

I doubt that anyone outside of the city of Cleveland had Thursday's big upset special. I'm expecting my Steelers and future Hall of Famer, Big Ben to stomp all over the Jets today--anything less would be uncivilized...    [cool]
Hey Buddy! I don't live in Cleveland!  [cool] And remind me where I remember that "civilized" line from a commercial....wine? De-odorent?

And there you go again...going out on a limb picking The Steelers over the Jets! I'm gonna really go out on a limb...the fucking Rams will beat my Cardinals IN Arizona.  :-[

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Hey Buddy! I don't live in Cleveland!  [cool] And remind me where I remember that line from a commercial....wine? De-odorent?

And there you go again...going out on a limb picking The Steelers over the Jets! I'm gonna really go out on a limb...the fucking Rams will beat my Cardinals IN Arizona.  :-[

Garlic, I totally missed that you had the Brownies, my error.  :-[ I believe Old Spice deodorant was where that line came from.

As for going out on a limb, well, I don't know--I'm looking at the schedule right now & I don't know what would qualify as a major upset today....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

And of course, when we talk about the Steelers putting the boots to the Jets, what happens--80 year old Mike Vick and the J-E-T-S jump out to a 10-0 lead. You gotta love the NFL....   :o

Offline Svengarlic

And of course, when we talk about the Steelers putting the boots to the Jets, what happens--80 year old Mike Vick and the J-E-T-S jump out to a 10-0 lead. You gotta love the NFL....   :o
OMG!

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I am late for the 1 PM games, so I shall pick the rest:

DEN def OAK
ARZ def STL
SEA def NYG
GB def CHI
PHI def CAR
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead

Ouch!  Can't wait for the KC-PIT game later this year!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

All I can say is... 

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
All I can say is... 

Crap happens, unfortunately.  Look at the Browns vs. the Jags.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This has been a strange day of football & now it looks like the Saints are about to go down--and they never lose in the Dome. Good grief...

Offline Svengarlic

This has been a strange day of football & now it looks like the Saints are about to go down--and they never lose in the Dome. Good grief...
They were fucked by the refs!!! (that offensive pass interference call was bullshit!)  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Rams up on the Cards--why am I not surprised. A hell of a football day continues...

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Rams up on the Cards--why am I not surprised. A hell of a football day continues...

It has been a strange day, hasn't it?
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, and I see the G-Men are actually beating the Seahawks, in Seattle....

Offline Svengarlic

Yeah, and I see the G-Men are actually beating the Seahawks, in Seattle....
AS predicted!  ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

You better hold off on that wink Garlic--the Seahawks apparently woke up in the 2nd half...

Offline Svengarlic

You better hold off on that wink Garlic--the Seahawks apparently woke up in the 2nd half...
I jinxed myself!  :-[ But my Cards are having their usual 4th quarter.  :)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I wonder how severe the Carson Palmer injury is--although we know Stanton can win games. Bruce Arians continues to work his magic--yet, somehow I feel the sports stations still won't be talking enough about how good the Cards are. Oh well....

Offline Svengarlic

I wonder how severe the Carson Palmer injury is--although we know Stanton can win games. Bruce Arians continues to work his magic--yet, somehow I feel the sports stations still won't be talking enough about how good the Cards are. Oh well....
I'm not sure that they ARE that good. The schedule has been fairly soft so far, and Denver demolished us. On Stanton: He's just like Palmer. Average QB.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Garlic, I just saw that offensive pass interference call on the Saints you were talking about. Absolutely, horrible call--even worse than the call on Steve Smith when the Ravens lost to the Bengals....

Offline Lefty

I am late for the 1 PM games, so I shall pick the rest:

DEN def OAK
ARZ def STL
SEA def NYG
GB def CHI
PHI def CAR

Let's hope you continue to bat 1.000 on these listed predictions!

Offline vomit

Sorry dude.  Bad.  Not good.  I feel for the man.  I hate to see ANY player get such a bad injury!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I hope Lefty is watching this game.
#1 fire kibitzer